Chapter 15

I am extremely aggravated and in a mean mood so I'm not sorry 

"Mitch... explain this. Now," Scott said, staring straight at me. I swallowed heavily and turned to Kirstie.

"Kirstie, I think you should leave," I said. My voice shook, and I felt that sinking feeling of dread at the pit of my stomach.  

"Mitch, I- I'm sorry-" I cut Kirstie off.

"Stop. I don't want to hear it," I said, not taking my eyes off of Scott's still figure. I saw that his muscles, which were visible through his gray button up, were tense. His blue eyes held a hard expression, and I knew he wasn't going to keep his cool for long. He was trying to compose himself, I could see it. Kirstie stared at me helplessly and then walked away, leaving me alone with Scott. I looked at him nervously. No, nervously didn't even begin to cover it. I was terrified, but I still had my earlier reasoning.

"Why'd you tell her?" He asked softly, gripping the edge of his desk.

"Scott, I needed to talk to someone. I swear, she promised she'd keep quiet-"

"Well she's not very good at that!" Scott yelled. He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. When he spoke again, his voice was quieter and calmer. "What if she slips again? She's smart, a model student, but sometimes things fly out of her mouth without warning. What if she outs us?" I scowled, and I was ready to give him a piece of my mind, but he held up his finger, indicating for me to let him continue talking. 

"Mitch, you aren't being careful. Baby, you know that you mean everything to me, but I don't want us to get caught," He said softly. 

"No," I said. "I swear I'll be so much more careful. I just don't think it's fair that your friends get to know but mine don't" I snapped. He looked taken aback.

"That's different," He said. 

"What do you mean, it's different? They don't agree to this and you know it. How do you know they won't turn us in?" I demanded.

"Because they won't, okay Mitch? Just.. try to be more careful, and promise not to tell anyone," He said. I nodded, not wanting to back down but knowing it would be a bad idea to keep arguing. 

I stepped forward into his arms and melted at how safe I felt in them. "I love you," I whispered. 

"We'll make this work," He murmured. 

So yes I'm sorry this is short but it's necessary. next chapter will be a time skip and smut so please follow me if you already aren't so you can read it! 

yeah wish me luck my uterus is killing itself

tmi?

tmi.