Chapter 27

Jazz's P.O.V

I was sitting on my bed reading when Liam came in. It was a really good book, and I was really into it, so I looked up for a second before looking back down. "What's up, babe?"

"I'm bored." he sat down next to me.

"Go eat with Niall." I mumbled as I turned the page of my book.

"He's on a date with Amy." he whined.

"Play Barbies with Cathy." I said.

"She's alseep." he huffed.

 I surpressed a laugh. "Go look in a mirror with Zayn."

"He hogs the reflection." he stared at the ceiling.

"Watch Grease with Louis." my eyes widened as something happened in the book.

"He's on a date with Frankie." he turned to look at me. Oh God, those eyes.

"Watch that cat movie with Harry." I tried so hard not to give in to his gaze.

"He's on a date with Ariel." he scooted closer to me.

"Go talk to Sarah." I said.

"She's beating up Tessly."

"Then go- WAIT WHAT?" I dog-eared the page I was on and closed the book.

"Kidding! I just wanted you to look at me." he smirked.

I playfull hit his arm. "Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry love." he pouted.

"Yeah, okay." I started reading again. Liam laid his head on my shoulder and tried to follow along with the book, but he couldn't keep up with my speed reading.

"So why did she kill him?" he asked.

"Because, he testified against her in court." I said.

"Oh...why did he testify against her?"

"She was a pharmacist that gave his mother the wrong medication on purpose."

"Oh...what was wrong with his mother?"

"She had a heart murmur and the pills the lady gave her made her have a heart attack."

"Oh...why did she kill him again?"

I huffed and close the book. "Okay Liam. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, that's why I came to you!" he huffed.

I was about to say something, but we heard little screams coming from Cathy's room. "Mommy! Daddy!"

Liam and I jumped out of bed and ran to her room. "What's wrong?"

"I had a bad dream!" she cried. Liam picked her up and carried her downstairs while I grabbed her stuffed bunny and followed. She kept mumbling words that we couldn't understand.

"Can you tell us what happened in your dream?" Liam asked as he sat down on the living room couch with her.

She just shook her head and buried her face into his chest. "My old daddy got out of jail and tried to find me."

"In your dream?" I asked.

She nodded. "It was really bad. And now I can't go back to sleep."

"Shh, it's okay." I said softly. "It's only about three in the afternoon. You can do something to get your mind off of it."

"Yeah. Like we can watch Toy Story." Liam grinned.

"Okay." Cathy lifted her head up and managed to make a small smile.