Chapter 8

Monday, July 19, 2021 - 12:38pm
Jean Zander's Residence

Jean's POV

"Jean..."  he started. His voice filled with concern.

"Anong problema?" I asked him. If he can still call without struggle, then that means he is safe. Otherwise, I would think that he is kidnapped.

"Merong pagala-gala dito sa harap ng B.E. Dalawa sila at parang may alam sila sa Black Eagles. Kilala mo ba sila?" he asked me. I don't know if he is insulting me or not because I am pretty sure that he knows I know no one.

Well, I've had old acquaintances.

"Men?" I asked him. I trust the president enough to know the difference between the puppets and some random spies lurking around his building.

And he's not talking about puppets.

I stared at my screen to realized that the two men he is talking about could be the same people that was scouting my property.

"Well, based on their body shape and height, it seems like it," sagot niya. I stood up from my seat and headed downstairs with the earpiece still in my ear. I looked for Christian and Adrian but they are just cleaning weapons by the living room. Seems like a conversation doesn't fit these two

Napatingin naman ako ngayon kay Adrian na tahimik lang na nakaupo kasama si Christian.

"Do you have an idea?" tanong niya ulit

"No,"

I can't think of anyone else. I had no friends or family.

I have the king, which I doubt he has time to stalk me. Maybe... elites? But why would they be scouting the area when they should already know where I live?

Do these two men know about B.E.'s existence? Why would they take interested in B.E? Are they like Adrian who did their research about it and found the existence of the organization?

No. They would've found information about the station first if that's the case.

"Armado ba sila?"

"It doesn't look like it,"

Then why are they roaming around the building? If they are not armed to raid the building, what is their business?

"Okay. I'll be right there," binaba ko na yung tawag at tinignan ako nina Christian.

"B.E. now," I told them and they didn't hesitate to get going

A problem before the big event. How great

Monday, July 19, 2021 - 01:20pm
Black Eagle's Agency

We got here at the building and already noticed the two men that the president and I were talking about. I looked in the direction where I think they are but I did not see them. They kept their distance very well even after we parked.

"Jean?" tinawag na ako ni Christian kaya nawala din ang atensyon ko sa paghahanap sa kanila.

"It's nothing," I looked back once again before continuing to walk towards the building as the two followed me.

As we are walking towards the president's office, I tried to explain the situation as quickly and informative as possible.

"In short, two men are watching us which we think are not a part of the king's... men," I concluded. Considering the circumstances, they are more likely part of a third party than the king. Ang problema nalang namin ay kung kakampi ba namin sila o kalaban.