Chapter 18

Saturday, August 21, 2021 - 08:33pm
Jean Zander's Residence

Chelsea's POV

"Well I'm sorry," I sarcastically apologized, "I was sleeping and it's my fault that Jean, who knows how to go around her own house, managed to sneak out while being sick," I rolled my eyes after this Adrian blamed me for letting Jean get out of my sight.

"I just asked how you are, Chelsea," he simply said and chuckled

"Same shit," matigas kong sagot, "Alam ko naman na nandito kayo para pagalitan lang ako. But you have no right to. I'm not a kid," I crossed my arms. Wala naman talaga silang karapatan magalit. Hindi ko naman sila magulang so bakit ako makikinig sa kanila?

"Ah. You're admitting," pinanood ko si Kuro na paglaruan yung mansanas habang nakaupo sa nightstand

"I was sleeping, like I said," I defended, again. Bakit ba nila ako pinag-iisan eh wala naman akong ginagawang masama.

"Heh. She looks like a clown with that red nose," Kuro commented on Jean's red nose because of the stuffed nose she has. I should take a picture of her later when she's asleep.

"She went out while sick, and still recovering from her wounds, by the way. No wonder she got worse now," Shiro shrugged as he rubbed off my 'carelessness' right on my face

Tumayo ako sa inis at sinamaan sila ng tingin, "It's Jean fucking Zander, what do you expect?" natahimik sila sa sinabi ko, "That dumbass never thinks,"

"Yeah I'm here in the room, you know," I looked down at the bed to see Jean laying down underneath her blanket with a wet washcloth on her forehead, "It would be a little bit nice it you didn't talk shit about me," she sniffed, "Have you heard about Masaru Emoto's rice experiment?"

She looks paler than yesterday. She hasn't been eating properly too because she is just weak to even get up at this point, "Oh yes! It was a very intriguing experiment that was done—" Adrian exclaimed kaya napatingin ang lahat sa kanya. He felt the sudden awkwardness that he didn't feel like continuing his story.

Jean looks really weak vulnerable, and that made me feel bad that I didn't get to take care of her—that I actually didn't notice she went out and now she is worse. I may be the only one who can stop her antics. Alam ko naman na hindi siya napagsasabihan ng mga lalake na 'to. Useless! All of them! Bakit ba kasi sila natatakot kay Jean?

"The fuck are you guys doing here anyway?" she continued, "I didn't let you in," umiwas ako ng tingin when everyone started staring at me, "Chelsea," matigas na tawag ni Jean sa pangalan ko. Even with a weak voice, she still gives that weird... scary input

"I just..." pagsisimula ko pero wala akong maisip na rason kung bakit ko sila pinapasok

"This is my house, not yours," mahina niyang sinabi sa akin. And what house is she talking about? This concrete box? "Get out," dagdag niya

I was gonna talk back to her but I decided to just swallow my words. She needs to rest. She has an objective and time is ticking.

"Go," I told the others and they quietly walked away

I looked back once more to see that she completely hid herself underneath the blanket.

It's not that I let random people in Jean's room knowing too well she doesn't like people. But I also know that she cares about them because otherwise she would've avoided working with them in the first place. Why keep them around?