Chapter 5

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 7:01 am
1st District Windsby Station

Jean's POV

Pagkapasok ko sa station ay sinalubong ako ni uncle na pinagtaka ko. Usually, I just see him by his desk drinking coffee. It's unsual to see him out of his usual routine.

It's also been a day since I recruited Christian but I let him stay at my uncle's place for now since I haven't decided where to place him. I asked the agency for backups to guard Borch for the night. Thankfully, nothing happened.

Not yet... maybe.

Then I came up with a decision to keep him at my place since he is a 'butler'. The man needs to get paid to survive.

"What's the matter?" I asked Borch, raising an eyebrow at his uncharacteristic smile. Nagpatuloy lang siya sa pagngiti. Tsk. I don't even know how people can smile like they have no problems in life, "Did Christian do something to you? Are you a puppet now too?" I asked him, but I wasn't worried.

Borch being here and breathing is a good news. Ang pinakamasamang mangyayari lang ay ang maging puppet siya pero mukhang hindi naman yung ang kaso.

As I scanned the station, I noticed something felt off. The building had a reception area at the front, designed for civilians seeking help when they found themselves in trouble. To the left of the reception, a door led to the police officers' area, including my uncle's office and my cubicle, a small space cluttered with files and reminders of unsolved cases. Further on the left was the cramped jail room, where we temporarily housed criminals until they were moved to a different station or sent to Windsby Prison once proven guilty.

On the right side of the reception, the door led to the higher-ups' offices, which remained mostly unused, as they were often away on assignments or meetings. Just beyond that was a storage room brimming with stacks of files, each one a testament to the crimes that had occurred in Windsby City. Only Jhay, the receptionist, and the higher-ups had the clearance to access it, creating an air of mystery around the place.

That's where I need to go to be able to access my parents's file.

My uncle—stood right at the receptionist who seemed to be waiting for me to arrive

"Hehe," he chuckled, then went to the right door but it was too late to stop him. I followed him when I noticed a different sign at the door

"Office," I read aloud to myself, frowning slightly at the word. This room was usually occupied by two higher-ups, the Police Major Generals. One of them worked for the Black Eagles—Sean Martin.

"Mhmm," my uncle agreed, nodding repeatedly in excitement

"This is my own office?" pumasok ako sa loob at nakita na ko na nalinisan na ang loob.

"Well, not really..." he told me, "They got us our own office now! Hihi!" tuwang tuwa pa siya na ipakita sa akin yung desk niya

Nakita ko naman na nailipat na din yung desk ko dito sa loob, with all my things organized as well