Chapter 35

Wednesday, September 15, 2021 - 07:02am
Jean Zander's Residence

Leone's POV

"Jean?" I called her name without looking at her, "You awake?"

"Hmm?" she responded weakly, "You're...—wake,"

I tried to smile, but it was hard considering our situation. It's unlucky na nadamay pa ako sa gulo na 'to.

"I've been awake," the metal shackles jingled when I tried to move. A puppet glanced at me but paid no attention afterwards. The elites are posted all around the house. The king is unknown, but he still should be around. Somewhere.

"You... — convers...—"

She's too weak to even say coherent words at this point. Even then, I still understand her.

"Yeah. I've heard it all," I responded. Hindi na siya nagsalita after. It was difficult to hear their conversation. Especially between hers and Christian... was it?

She... trusted him. But this is what she gets. This man ruined her life. Again.

I doubt Jean would really trust anyone else after this.

"They pretty much ignored me," I continued. They only want Jean. But if I am still alive, that means they need me for something.

Jean is already becoming a puppet. What's stopping them from doing the same to me?

The way they brainwash Jean... I won't be able to tolerate it.

Constant whisper and manipulation by your ear.

Mawawala talaga ako ng tino.

"Bla..— Eag...—"

"Mhmm. I thought that too. There is a chance that a puppet may be working there without our knowledge. We may have lost this fight, Jean,"

It's disappointing. There's nothing we can do. Although it is not something we expect—the downfall of the agency, I mean. We didn't know that Jean's parents' enemies were these guys who wanted to control everything.

It's been hours yet no signs of Jean's friends. Hindi ko masyadong kilala kung sino ang mga kaibigan ni Jean kaya hindi ko alam kung mapagkakatiwalan ba talaga sila. I don't even know if one of them got the balls to save us here.

Either way... it sounds like I'm fucked and I'm gonna die.

"You... calm..."

"Oh don't even try to talk Jean," inis kong binanggit sa kanya. She uses her energy for useless conversations. Not that her energy is gonna be useful anyway since she will become a puppet anytime soon, "I am calm because I've been trying to assess the situation,"

Hindi na siya nagsalita

"So..—rry,"

Dun ako natahimik.

"Don't. This is just another mission where death is the unlucky ending to it. All agents at Black Eagles are prepared to die. Remember that,"

I took a deep breath once again but I regretted it when I felt the pain from Christian earlier. Thankfully the jumpsuit helped and it just grazed me. But still, I lost some blood and it's still an open wound.

I believe that at this point, there is not much we can do to save ourselves.

Wednesday, September 15, 2021 - 12:14am
Jean Zander's Residence

Christian's POV

Fucking... reminding me of my job.

I fucking...—I never forgot about it!