Chapter 25

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 12:12pm
Pietro Johnson High School

Jean's POV

"Psst,"

"Jean," I rolled my eyes and pretended not to hear anything

"Jean!" the whispers were becoming loud kaya tumingin ako sa direksyon niya at sinamaan siya ng tingin

"Why are you following me?" I answered quietly but with annoyance in my voice. He has been following me since my first week back in class. For what? To annoy me?

Ano bang gusto niya sa akin?

Nilapitan niya ako pero habang naglalakad siya at natapilok siya.

I watched him get up and brush some dirt that got on his clothes. Iniwasan ko siya ng tingin and pretended not to know him. I don't want to deal with secondhand embarrassment because of him

I couldn't help but look at him and pity him. I just realized he doesn't have his shoelaces tied which caused him to trip over.

He climbed the bleachers and approached me, "Hi Jean," masaya niyang bati sa akin habang nakangiti. It's as if nothing just happened to him

I felt bad. I gave him a tissue I had brought for lunch so he can wipe the dirt on his pants. I'm done eating anyway and I have some unused left, "Aww thanks Jean. Love mo na 'ko no?" he teased and even tried to nudge me but I avoided him.

"Asa ka," sagot ko sa kanya at sinamaan ng tingin

"Jean," pagtatawag niya sa pangalan ko

"Ano?" masungit ko namang sagot

"Can you do me a favour?"

Tinitignan ko siya ng maiigi. Since when did he think we were as close as friends? He's been nothing but a leech. All I have to do and pretend he doesn't exist. But even if I am doing nothing, I feel like wasting my energy and am always burnt out. Maybe he's a leech that's sucking up my energy.

"We're not that close," I responded.

"Pleaseeee," he tried to put on a puppy face but it would probably just make me laugh if he continued to do  so.

"Fine," I crossed my arms. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay at hinintay na magsalita siya.

He looked hesitant, regretting asking me in the first place, "Can you help me tie my shoes?"

"What?!"

He covered my mouth with his hands which tried my best to take it off because of how dirty it was. Disgusting fuck.

"Shhh..." he looked around to see if someone heard us. Luckily for him, no one did

"You want me to tie your shoes? Are you serious?!" is he making fun of me right now? He just wants me to kneel down and prove that I do what he says, huh.

Nagkamot siya ng batok at iniwasan ang tingin ko. I noticed his cheeks blush so I calmed myself and tried to understand his situation.

He's the same age as me who can't tie his own shoes. That is embarrassing and I'm sure he knows that too which is why he wants me to be quiet.

"I... was never thought how to. My dad... uhmm...—"

"Okay, I'll do it,"

He doesn't need to tell me his reasons if he was getting uncomfortable sharing it in the first place

Ganyan din naman ako. There are things that should be kept to yourself. People don't need to know about it.

He places his right foot next to me. I tied it for him to which he started to feel relieved. I'm at least glad that I could help him.