Chapter 28

Sunday, September 12, 2021 - 07:15pm
Unknown Location

The King's POV

"She isn't doing anything," the Queen argued, giving me her attitude with her signature raised eyebrow, "What's the point?"

I glanced at the white mask by my table. All these reports about Jean Zander... it's starting to bore me out.

"I..." I started, "Ordered you, to bring me Shen Zander's head," she stood there quietly

She still had a frown on her face. She's been aggressive about changing the plan. She's been eager to do something about Jean Zander.

We cannot get our hands on Shen Zander. It's been exactly 58 days since I last spoke with Jean Zander.

Jean Zander... isn't doing anything?

Has she found it?

No... maybe she's bluffing. That woman is smart... and I know she can outsmart me.

I massaged my temples with the headache I was getting from thinking too much of this.

But wouldn't it be stupid to bring nothing to me?

I made a deal with her that I would not touch her or anyone around her until the moment she brought the antidote to me.

But the irony is that I cannot even touch Shen Zander's hair.

I don't need the truth anymore. I need to kill the people involved in my father's death, and my mother's sanity. They were the reason why I'm doing this.

If they did not betray him... Jean would still have a father.

I don't care if Shen knows the truth. All I need is the antidote. After that, I can do whatever I want. No one will stop me. Jean cannot stop me.

Jean can even become mine, she would be the person by my side. My new queen.

I stood up from my seat which alerted her, "Call the elites," she bowed her head with no questions asked,

"Including the Joker?"

I scoffed and laughed, "The Joker is occupied at the moment, love," I told her. That guy is stubborn anyway.

Besides, I can't order him around, so he won't listen to anything I say. He does whatever he wants.

All I can do is trust him to do the job he promised.

And the Jack is in prison doing what he pleases.

I changed my mind. I don't have many elites that are available that can fight with me

It shows that we need more elites.

"Let's go visit the Zanders,"

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 03:46pm
Pietro Johnson High School

Jean's POV

"Baby..." he softly called, "Smile?"

He raised his camera and I quickly looked away, "A-anong ginagawa mo?"

I know what he's doing. What is he gonna use the picture for?

"Ihhh dali na~ You rarely smile ihhhh~" he pouted, throwing tantrums like a child