Chapter 11

Sunday, August 15, 2021 - 6:38pm
Windsby Hospital

Jean's POV

Hmm. I woke up again, but this time, I felt disappointed.

I wish I didn't wake up.

No dreams. It felt I just closed my eyes and the time just skipped.

I continued to lay on the bed while my eyes are still closed. I could feel the bandages on my face and my arms. I could also feel the bruises from several parts of my body

Hindi ko alam kung gaano na ako katagal natutulog dito para magpagaling. I could barely remember what happened the last time I was awake.

"About 3 weeks or so," I heard the president speak, "It is currently 6:40 in the evening, Jean," it is crucial for me to know the date and time, especially since I haven't been aware of it. The president knows this about me which is why he lets me know this information.

"Ah, you noticed," I answered. I heard a newspaper crumpling and footsteps walking toward me. He knew that I'd been awake.

"Welcome to one of your most hated places," he insulted me. I smelled the citrus lingering when I heard him peeling a fruit by my side, "Of course I'd notice you're awake,"

I did not want to open my eyes yet. I just feel unfortunate to be waking up again when I wish I should've been dead.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, "Where is my uncle?"

I thought he would be nice enough to give me a piece of fruit he prepared but I just heard him chew. Selfish fuck.

"He went to buy more fruits," he answered with his mouth full.

"Hmm, no wonder," I told him. I tried to move my body, starting with my fingers slowly. I feel paralyzed that no matter how much I tried, I couldn't move

I haven't fully recovered yet.

Maybe I am, but I just refuse to get up.

Ayoko nang bumangon pa.

"Water," I pleaded to him. The president helped me get up and sat on the bed. I leaned on the headrest, then finally opened my eyes.

I saw the president first, with his worried face. I then noticed the white walls and ceilings with little furniture in this room. An empty basket, which I am guessing was where the fruits were after the president ate them.

This place already makes me feel nauseous.

He held the glass of water and helped me drink it. Uminom naman ako ng dahan dahan at dun ko lang ulit naramdaman na guminhawa ang lalamunan ko. 

"How are you feeling?" seryoso na niyang tanong sa akin at umupo

"Nothing's changed. It's not any better than any of Black Eagle's mission given to me before," I told him which made him laugh,

"Hindi mo lang kasi sinusunod yung plano," natatawa niyang sagot

I stared at him with the intent of being upset at him, "I declared the mission to be over," pagsisimula ko, "Alam ko na narinig mo ako noon kaya bakit hindi mo sila sinundo—"

"Jean," he tried to understand me, "Your safety was more important—"

"Ikaw na ang nagsabi mismo sa akin na hindi ako sumusunod sa plano. I could barely do shit with Christian and Adrian there. Maybe if they weren't there, I wouldn't have to bother saving them and abandoning the whole point of the mission instead!"