Chapter 37

Wednesday, September 15, 2021 - 03:08am
Jean Zander's Residence

The Queen's POV

I watched him climb the stairs, eagerly waiting for a reaction or irregular motion. I even noticed his grip on the rail where the two useless fucks are shackled.

He paused and looked down at them, "You trust Christian to watch over her?" he asked me weakly. He's the one who told Christian—what the fuck is talking about?

"I don't see why not," I replied smugly, "You trusted him as the Joker. To complete his job. Remember?" even without HLX, that guy is loyal. It's impressive. It's as if he was born for this.

Still... a dog like him will always be a dog. Always following orders from their owners.

"Hmm. Yes. I remember," then he continued to walk upstairs.

Grey followed us from behind, whistling quietly.

He approached me and whispered, "The king has been feeling off lately. Did something happen?" he asked me. The signs are obvious, even for Grey.

"Too excited to kill Zander? Shaking and eager to turn her into an elite?" I responded, "Or probably exhausted. Dami din nating ginagawa no,"

"Ah, makes sense," he responded boringly.

The king opened the doors one by one as he passed through them, skimming through the rooms. Looking for something. Parang tanga. Anong ginagawa niya?

Until he opened a door that made him stop. He opened the door widely so I managed to take a look at what was there.

Despite the annoying red light covering the entire house, I saw a normal bedroom. But this wasn't really a normal bedroom.

The bed was made. The closet was open. There was a table with papers all over it. Another desk with a computer, a lampshade turned off and a vase with different flowers in it.

"Jean's room!" he exclaimed in joy.

Pumasok siya sa loob at sumunod naman kami ni Grey. He jumped on the bed and sniffed heavily on the sheets. Disgusting.

It was obvious that this was her room. It also suits her personality. Neat and simple.

I watched the king immediately fall asleep. Nanatili lang naman akong nakatayo sa tabi niya para bantayan siya

I should've asked Christian how much HLX he administered to Jean's body. Para naman ma-estimate ko kung kelan tatama yung effects sa isang tao. Either way, it may show different side effects than what we know.

In my case, I administered it in very small doses. Kaya matatagalan talaga ang epekto. Or maybe it was also working... the symptoms are just not that visible.

"Look around the rooms. I'm sure Adrian and the others are here somewhere. They can't go anywhere," I ordered to Grey.

I need to see Adrian... as the king orders... he shouldn't be in this situation.

I... don't want him to get involved in this situation any longer. It's the least thing I can do.

Grey nodded and left.

I stared at the mask the king placed on the nightstand.

The white mask that hides the truth about what truly happened between the two families.

So far so good. Everything is going along the plan.

But for someone who has been taking it really slowly, the side effects are also happening very slowly.