Chapter 21

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 07:47pm
Jean Zander's Residence

Jean's POV

"I can't talk to Higgins about your schedules at work, but I can for sure talk to the president about it so everyone can cover the days to guard Shen," I started. They didn't respond to me and stayed in their seats in my meeting room. H

This room finally has some use. I designed it for myself because I need a large table for myself. I didn't imagine it would be used for an actual meeting with several people.

"Does Higgins know anything about this?" Shiro asked me

"No. Only the president does and anyone who works at Black Eagles," the agency knows my identity after all. Black Eagles work under the government, too but under secrecy. Another government official is handling it. They sometimes give us missions like saving their children from abduction. It's shown in the news, but obviously not the people who saved them.

On the police side, they also work under the government but it's more public. I can't just mess things up with them. Higgins is someone I can't control so I have to follow rules as everyone else does.

Everyone is here at my place today, so I asked them to stay until tonight to discuss what Adrian and I planned earlier

"I am covering for Saturday since I am off both at the station and the agency," Saturday was supposed to be my time visiting Shen anyway, "Then Chelsea and I on Sunday. Christian on the Monday and Wednesday. Si Adrian ang bahala sa Tuesday. Kuro on Thursday and Shiro on Friday. I am leaving Borch out of this to avoid suspicion from Higgins. Is everyone good with it?" I looked around to see everyone nod their head. Except for Chelsea who's just staring at me, "You know you can't fight," I reminded her. If she insist on staying then my house is the safest place for her.

Sinamaan niya ako ng tingin at hindi na ako pinansin

The security protocols of this house were already explained to them. There would be no need to watch outside so I had to tell them to stay by Shen's side

"Kuro and I can work together," Shiro told me which caught my attention. The twins want to stick together, "We both have Thursdays and Fridays off. We can just work together," he repeated what I thought he was going to say.

"Two is better than one, Jean," Kuro blurted out with a smirk. He shrugged at me when I turned my gaze at him. Was he trying to make a sexual joke or...?

I sighed and accepted their request, "Fine," I think it's best for them to work together anyway. "I appreciate everyone for doing this for me," I continued, "Let's hope it'll be over soon,"

"Does it really need to be like this?"

We all looked at Shen who was sitting by the corner of the room. My cat softly meowed at him and cuddled in his arms.

He hired people just to protect me because I started acting recklessly. Out of all people, he should know better than anyone else to leave people out of this mess. He should understand why I'm doing this. That I will do everything to protect him as much as he did for me.

Tapos ngayon... mandadamay pa siya ng ibang tao.

"No choice. You won't tell me anything," I answered and tried to focus on discussing more on the plan Adrian and I came up with earlier

"It's... best that you don't know," Shen answered again and looked away.

"But you'll tell me when you die, huh," I responded without looking at him. It's making me upset knowing nothing. I clenched my fist to control my anger.