Chapter 16

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 7:24pm
Windsby Hospital

Jean's POV

I had to wait for Adrian to finish talking to the nurse at the reception for information about the autopsy. He leads the case while I follow. Nakakapanibago lang.

Nagmadali siyang lumapit sa akin kaya nagsimula na akong maglakad habang nakasunod siya, "He's almost done na daw Jean,"

Perfect timing.

Nakarating kami sa kwarto kung saan nagtratrabo si James. There was a glass wall between us so we could spectate whatever he was doing without going inside the actual autopsy room. I don't want to imagine what's the smell in there

Ryan, his assistant, saw me and waved at me. James noticed it so he rolled his eyes and focused on his work.

"Anything?" I asked him

He's sewing the body up now so it seems that he is done.

I waited patiently for him to finish kasi alam kong walang patutunguhan ang pagsusumbat naming dalawa.

He leaned against one of the counters and sighed, "The ligature mark could be from the hanging..." he started, "He may have resisted, had second thoughts, hence why his hands have some rope residues and have caused the rope to move while resisting. Further causing the two separate ligature marks we saw,"

"Bullshit," inis kong sinabi na kinainis niya, "He was hanged. The rope should've been tight enough to give him the ligature mark. The other one should've been different—"

"Are you telling me how I should do my job, Zander?" he removed his gloves angrily and glared at me towards the glass pane that separates us.

This is why James and I don't go along together. There are things we don't agree on that sometimes take the original investigation longer than usual.

"I'm not telling you how to do your job. I'm telling you what I think as an investigator,"

But he's done so much to help me with my previous cases. He is very specific about what he's doing. I need James. And if this is his conclusion then I have to consider it.

Tumingin siya sa katabi ko, si Adrian, "Isn't he supposed to be leading this case? Are you... letting your personal relationship meddle with this matter?" he asked me. I sighed knowing that he already figured out my connection with this case.

I know that he's trying to annoy me but I know that he is also concern for me. Alam niya na kapag may connection ako sa kaso na 'to, gagawin ko ang lahat para mahanap ko kung ano ang tama.

"You're right. Adrian leads the case," sagot ko nalang sa kanya.

While Adrian leads the case, I just need to know the information I'm missing. Then Adrian will do the rest.

"We're just waiting for the fingerprint results. However we couldn't take the contents underneath his fingernails since it's freshly trimmed,"

"And you don't think it's odd?" I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms. James sighed knowing that I am right. He just doesn't want to admit he's wrong because he has his own intuition to believe—understandably so.

"Intake, then?" I asked again, ignoring the previous questions I asked him.

"Water, a decent amount. No food for a day. No pills or medications found either," he answered me

Then the bottle of melatonin we found is just a prop then. Or possibly intended to use?

"His arm. Not healed right?"