Chapter 30

Tuesday, September 14, 2021 - 09:59am
Jean Zander's Residence

Jean's POV

Axel.

Antidote.

Betrayal.

Death is the answer.

Words that don't explain much about my current situation.

If my father had the antidote when he died, that means he had been working on it back then. Puppets existed before we even knew about them.

And the betrayal. How did it happen? Was it because of the antidote?

If it was, it could only mean one thing. Axel created the liquid and my father made the antidote to counter it. That's why they had disagreements.

The problem I should be focusing on right now is where to find that antidote. The information that Shen gave me fill in the blanks I needed. But something still feels odd...

There's still a lot missing in the story.

Napangiti ako nung maalala ko yung isang sinabi ni Shen. My parents are part of the people who built the agency, including the president. I thought my father was just the best agent at that time but, he actually was one of the founders. That's so cool.

This isn't the time to reminisce. The king will come tomorrow to finally end it.

I'm just really happy that Shen will stay with me

"Oi. Kakain na,"

I stared at Chelsea and thought about whether I should tell her the information I found out from Shen. A second opinion shouldn't be that bad. She also works around the area that Axel and my dad were—creating and inventing at the agency.

"Chelsea, do you have logs of what was created at the agency?"

Napataas ang kilay niya sa akin, "Why?"

Her response gave me the answer. But now she can find out what I'm thinking, "I want to see what the agency has created," I simply answered.

She can't know everything yet. Chelsea is trustworthy, but the fact that the antidote is classified information that only Shen and I know at this moment. Masyado nang delikado kung mas madami pang tao ang nakakaalam sa antidote. It exists but we don't even know where and what it is.

"Sure. But you won't find anything within the two years after the agency was built,"

I titled my head out of curiosity, "The founders' creation was considered private and original. They cannot be replicated," she crossed her arms, "Like your papa's gun. That's why it won't be in the logbook," pagpapaliwanag niya sa akin.

So... when the agency was trying to recreate this gun... was that a violation then? Ugh.

I got up with Lily at sinamahan na si Chelsea na bumaba para sabay sabay kaming kumain. Even then, I don't feel hungry nor even have the appetite to eat because of my anxiety.

Wednesday, January 3, 1996 - 05:33pm
Zander's Family Cottage

Leila's POV

"Lei! I got you... chocolates, coconut juice and rambutan..." my brother continued to tell me what was inside the bag he brought for me, "You said you wanted Sprite and raspberries. Weird combination, but I got them!" I smiled. Mas lalo na siyang nagiging protective sa akin since malaman niya na magkakaanak ako.

"How's baby Jean? Hmm?" hinaplos niya yung tiyan ko, "How's mommy doing? She eating healthy?" tumingin siya sa akin at binatukan ko siya

"Hindi ako umiinom. Ayoko nga nagsisigarilyo. Ulol ka ba?" sumbat ko sa kanya. Sinamaan niya ako ng tingin. Eh tama naman kasi ako! Ano bang pinagsasabi niyang eating healthy? Katusin ko to eh.