Chapter 24

Wednesday, September 01, 2021 - 01:38pm
1st District Windsby Station

Jean's POV

Hindi ko maiwasan na isipin kung ano ang sinabi ni Kiara sa akin. Why would a heartless bitch like her start to feel alone? Why would she start looking for her father and Master Shen? She despises her father because he basically abandoned her. He was basically an alcoholic. And Shen didn't like her because he told me she was a brat. And Kiara knew that so she also didn't like Shen.

It's not like everything would reset and she would start missing affection from her family. That sounds really odd

I would probably believe her if she spent her time at a monastery—became a nun and repented all her sins and guilt. But no... she lived a normal life based on her profile.

I had difficulties getting this information from my informant—Jane. It's been a while since I reached out to her. I get my information by myself but when it comes to complicated information like Kiara's, I had to ask her for help which I already find suspicious. Why would her information become so difficult to obtain?

Apparently, Kiara spent her time in the U.S. without her father, unfortunately. Her flight was predetermined, but her father didn't go with her. Her father is still unknown at this point.

That time she disappeared after killing my cat, she became a babysitter there. Then she came home to Philippines quickly here for my father's funeral, but she was with her father at that time. That must mean that she still speaks with him. She then went back to study high school and college in U.S.. She came back here to work at Adrian's family company, then met Adrian at a dating website They live in the same building, then eventually got to know each other.

A knock on my door saved me from sinking into the information. I have other things to do and Kiara is not one of them.

Saturday, September 4, 2021 - 02:22pm
Unknown Location

Jade's POV

"Uhmm... Q, are you that bored?" I told her as I hear the squelchy sound from whatever she is doing. Her back is faced towards me but her white coat has been smothered with blood.

At first, she ignored me. She then paused and gave me a nasty look as if I told her a joke, "I was just curious if blue eyes aren't actually blue. They say that the iris is blue because it scatters light, so more light reflects back out. Like how the sky is blue y'know?" she sighed in disappointment, "I just have to be careful next time with all this blood, I can't see much," she laughed, "Ha! Get it? I can't see much?" she seriously made a pun out of that?

I approached her and saw the man laying down on the cold metal table. Oh poor guy, "Couldn't you just... read it in a book? Search it maybe?" Q is not wrong about what she's curious about. Blue and green don't exist as a pigment in our eyes. The darker iris colours that people get vary on the concentration of melanin.

I'm pretty sure she knows that already. She's kust curious, and bored.

"Uhmm, duh? As if I have time," she wiped her hands after throwing one eye on the tray.

"Yet you have time to gouge someone's eyes while he's wide awake..—no, he died during it,"

"Hmm, yeah. Blood loss," she answered while her focus was on the other eye socket.

And probably shock.

Where did he even get this person? "Not a lot of Filipinos have blue eyes Q," sabi ko naman. Saan niya napulot 'tong lalake na 'to?