Chapter 36

Wednesday, September 15, 2021 - 07:55am
Jean Zander's Residence

Adrian's POV

I followed the puppet in front of me. Hindi rin ako makagalaw ng maayos dahil may puppet sa likod ko na nakatutok ng baril sa ulo ko.

I need to be careful with this. If I fuck this up... it will be the death of everyone. Masisira lang lahat kapag nagkamali ako ng galaw.

Pababa kami ng hagdan ng may napansin ako na chains sa railing. I followed where it leads and saw pair of hands tied to it.

Jean and Leone.

"Adrian," I heard a soft voice call my name. I looked downstairs to see the woman with the black lace mask and the person beside him. The king.

And obviously, the traitor.

I kept my hand raised until we reached the end of the stairs. They all stared at me.

Tumingin ako kina Jean at Leone. They look miserable—especially Jean. Leone looks fine besides from the bruises on her wrists from being tied up. She noticed me and took a quick glance before looking at Jean.

"I am guessing you have something for us?" the king stated.

Who is this man? What did Jean do to him that led us to this situation?

I feel some... connection between us that I cannot explain.

"Uhh..." I played dumb, "What thing?" I shrugged

It's impossible to see how they react. The mask fully covered the king's face. Even his voice is muffled. It's difficult to determine if I am doing effect to him or not. The lady on the other hand... it's her smile that gets me. Creepy as fuck.

"No matter," the king shrugged, "Jean is now a part of us! How fun,"

Shit.

A lot of scenarios came up in my head to think of a plan besides what Shiro and Kuro came up with. I remained calm.

I know I can't do this shit alone.

The antidote needs Jean. I can't surrender it now and try to negotiate it with...— their freedom.

Nagising ako sa diwa nang marining ko ulit yung kadena sa baba.

"W-w-wait what are you doing?"

I took a step forward and they straightened their guns pointed at me.

The king raised his hand and they all lowered it. Easily, with just one command.

"We are releasing her, of course. She's now a part of us,"

He definitely had a smug on his face while saying that. Jean is an asset to them. And she was right on what she told me on that audio. They cannot kill her.

Then, did she become an elite or a puppet? Either way, Jean's situation is bad enough for us.

Yung antidote nalang ang makakapagligtas sa kanya.

"Keep her there! Please..." I pleaded taking a step forward but stopped when they kept their aim at me. Dammit, kailangan ko lang makalapit kay Jean.

"And... why would we do that for you?" the woman replied sassily.

"Well..." I couldn't think of a reason. But something has to come up and I need to give the antidote to Jean soon before it dissolves, "S-she's yours, you can do anything with her. Edi sasabihin niyo rin sa kanya na patayin ako. She's safe there for now. I'm safe too...—"