Hey stranger

Fletch sat by Jac's side for days. Unable to leave her side. Unable to notify the children of what was going on. All they knew was that work was really busy and that they both needed to be there. Emma was staying with Jonny and Fletch's children were with Sacha and Essie and Fletch's Mum. 

It was now Thursday. The one day Fletch had off from work. He didn't want to leave Jac's side but he also wanted to see the children. He decided to pop down to the creche and see Emma and Theo. As he arrived one of the staff members approached him, "You are Theo's Dad aren't you? Him and Emma have been really upset that they haven't been able to see you and Jac. Sometimes they start crying when they are left. They'll be glad to see you." She says with a smile, "Go into one of the siderooms and I'll get them for you." Fletch smiles as he sits down waiting to be bundled by two excited children. The door flew open as Theo jumped at his father.
"Hey champ." Fletch smiles as he looks over at Emma as she stands quietly by the doorway, "Come here." Fletch whispers as he lifts her onto his knee.
"Where's Mummy?" Emma asks scared.
"Well. There was a very very big accident at the hospital." Fletch began.
"The shooting? Evie and Essie were talking about it when me, Mikey and Ella asked about it we where told to stop." Theo says.
"Yeah. Erm. I am okay but Jac, she was hurt. Badly. When I found out. I went looking for her immediately. She is okay now. She is in a very very deep sleep." Fletch says as Emma bursts into tears, "Hey. Mummy will be okay. I am looking after her. All of the time, I am with her."
"Promise?" Emma stutters.
"I promise." Fletch says.
"What about Uncle Raf?" Theo asks.
"Well. After I found Jac, I was worried a lot. But then there was another bang but I was busy with Jac. When we moved her to a side room, I went to look for Raf, but... I was too late. He had died... Raf has gone Theo." Fletch says as a tear rolls down Theo's cheek.
"Daddy... no..." Theo whispers.
"I am sorry Theo... Uncle Raf won't come back. He is in heaven now. With Mummy." Fletch sobs as Emma hugs Fletch and Fletch hugs both of the children placing a small gentle kiss on their head.
"Fletch. Really bad timing. But, is that how you want to kiss Mummy?" Emma says as the younger two children laugh and Fletch coughs.
"WHAT? You need to stop right there missy." Fletch chuckles as his phone rings, "Hold on you two, I need too answer this." Fletch says as he stands up and answers the phone, "Hello?" 
"Fletch! I need you back at the hospital!!" Freida shouts.
"I am with Emma and Theo, they'll have to come with me. What's it about?"  Fletch asks.
"Jac. She is awake." Freida says.
"Is she up for two cheeky children to come with me?" Fletch asks as the two look up at him confused.
"I'll hand you over to her." Freida says.
"Hey." Fletch says as he smiles."
"Fletch." Jac says softly.
"I am about to come back. Are you up for me and two little visitors?" Fletch asks.
"Sure?" Jac says.
"Good. Cause one is very excited to see you, we'll see you in 5." Fletch says as he ends the call.
"Who was that?" Emma asks.
"You'll have to wait and see." Fletch smiles as he picks the two children up and they head back to the hospital.

Jac laid there awaiting Fletch's arrival. Of all people why Fletch? Why did he care so much about her? She had shouted at him so often, why did he stick up with her? Jac wonders as the door flies open as Emma runs in, "Emma, careful off your mother."
"Fletch?" Jac asks confused.
"Hey stranger." Fletch says as he lifts Emma onto Jac's bed, "Be careful Emma. Be gentle now." 
"Fletch..." She smiles softly, "Thank you. Did you tell them?" 
"Yeah. There was no point keeping the truth from them. They would have found out." Fletch says smiling.
"Yeah. How are you and Essie?" Jac asks.
"Essie is in a bad place according to Sacha. He is always updating me. She has cried every day into me and Sacha." Fletch says.
"She has come back to work? So soon?" Jac asks.
"Not exactly. She sat with me. For 6 days. Remember this is where Raf was alive for her."  Fletch says.
"I've been asleep for 6 days!?" Jac cries.
"Yeah." Fletch says.
"You have stayed for that long?" Jac asks.
"Yeah. Before Henrik took time off he instructed that me, Essie and Morven all have time off. Except I knew you wouldn't want your ward to sink. So I stayed to look after it." Fletch smiles.
"Fletch... Thank you." Jac smiles as Emma and Theo smirk."
"That is it. I am taking the pair of you back to the creche. You have already been cheeky enough today Emma." Fletch says.
"What has she said?" Jac asks.
"So when I told them about what happened, they both cried and I kissed their heads. However Emma turned around and said 'Is th-'" Fletch began as Emma put her hand over his mouth.
"No Fletch. You can't tell Mummy." Emma says.
"Why can't I?" Fletch asks.
"Because she annoyed us all by getting hurt. So now we can get revenge." Emma says.
"I like that idea." Fletch says smirking.
"Are you kidding me?!" Jac says.
"What Emma says goes." Fletch chuckles as the four sit together and talk all through the night.