Chapter 1

As I walked towards the airplane I was finally starting to realize that I was an Olympic athlete. After competing at the highest level of the sport for a while, I had recently recieved news that my magnificent mare, Jezzabelle and I had qualified to be part of the Olympic Show Jumping team in London! I was absolutely thrilled about it and I could not wait to represent my country!

About two years ago, I had found Jezzabelle, I was at a barn in Florida and was in awe when I saw her workout. She was on the small side for being a jumper, but in the few minutes that I was viewing her, she showed me that she could be the horse that I had been looking for. She is a 14 year old Hanoverian mare, she is jet black except for a star on her forhead. Ever since I purchased her we have taken the equestrian world by storm, on the covers of magazines and now we are going to represent America, there could be no better feeling!

So as the plane ascended from New York to London I decided that I should probably get some rest for when I landed in London there would be lots to do. I took out my iPod and finally settled on my favorite album at the moment, Up All Night by my favorite band, One Direction, I just couldn't help it, they are so talented, and I mean come on, what 18 year old girl hasn't completely fallen for their looks??

Yes I, Leslie Whitaker is not only an Olympic athlete, but a hardcore Directioner. I am just in love with all five of them! And yes I am secretly hoping I will bump into them in London!

After hours on the plane (where I mostly slept) we finally landed in London! And after a short trip to my hotel I could finally get a decent nights rest before I had to get back to work the next day.

When I woke up I walked over to the kitchenette in the hotel hoping to find some coffee because I really needed something to make me snap out of this grogginess!

After about ten minutes of searching I realized that there was no hope, but I think I had heard somebody talk about a Starbucks being within walking distance of the hotel the entire U.S. team was staying at? I quickly put on some jeans and my new U.S. jacket and was on my way.

As I was walking down the bustling street I realized that I was kind of glad that a lot of people don't follow the Equestrian events and athletes, I mean look at Michael Phelps just ahead of me, he has a mob of people around him wanting autographs and pictures!

Luckily, whoever told me that there was a Starbucks close was right! I walked through the door and up to the counter, and ordered some drink with caramel that probably didn't have much coffee in it but.. the walk woke me up.

After I got my drink I turned around to walk back to the hotel when I saw five people standing in line after me. This was my mental process at the moment * Is it really?? Could it be? This close to the arenas? Its them!! OMG Niall just smiled!! * Literally, I was freaking out!

"Whoops sorry love, didn't mean to trip you up" Louis cheerily said. I mustered a "You're fine! I am just a huge klutz!" "Hey, are you competing in something this week? You have a U.S. team jacket on!" was what the always considerate Liam said to me. "Yeah I am!" Was my response, they actually noticed!?! "Well don't leave us hanging! What will you be competing in??" Said Niall, of course, he loves his sports! "Well.. Um, I am on the Show Jumping team" They all gave me blank looks... Oh no now One Direction thinks I'm a freak!! "Wait... Niall doesn't that have something to do with horses? You used to ride didn't you?" said Harry, then he looked at me with those green eyes and I honestly thought I was going to fall over, right there. "Yea", said Zayn.. "I think I have heard about those events, doesn't Great Britain have a pretty good team for those events??" I responded with a really exciting "Yeah, your team is really good, they should be pretty tough competitors." "Hmmm..." they all said together. "Maybe the rest of the lads and myself will wander over to Greenwitch Park sometime when you are out there, it would be fun! But what's your name so we don't cheer on every American?" Said Louis cheerfully. "Really? That would be super cool! Um.. and I'm Leslie Whitaker" I responded, we then said our goodbyes and I was on my way.

I honestly completely blew my first encounter with One Direction, but I just couldn't help but think of the way Harry looked at me, does every girl that he looks at feel this way? I really need to pull my act together because I have to go over to the barn and work Jezzabelle soon. 

 **Harry's POV**

As the rest of the lads and I walked out of Starbucks I just could not stop thinking about that American athlete. She was honestly stunning and she had absolutely no idea. With her short, curly, blonde hair... which I really could not think of many athletes that had short hair, and her eyes, they were stunning, they were like a blueish green. And she could not have been very tall, which was strange because weren't horses big animals? Could short people really be successful in riding and handling them? 

While I went back to my flat I continued to think about her and decided to do some research on her and her sport. It turns out that she was a really talented equestrian.. I think that's what they call themselves?? And I secretly was hoping that Louis was right when he said that we were going to go over to Greenwich Park later in the week, I really wanted to see her ride and possibly have a chance to talk to her again.