Chapter 23

***2 weeks later***

**Harry's P.O.V**

"Come on lads! That's our cue!" Niall called out to me and the rest of the boys as the van rolled to a stop by the airplane.

We were headed to New York, to see my girlfriend Leslie before be headed to LA for the VMA awards.

I missed her so much, she was constantly on my mind, especially after the accident.

Leslie was doing much better now, our frequent text messages and Skype dates made it feel like we were less than an entire ocean away. Her doctor said that after the VMAs, she could try to do things she would normally do, like riding horses. She was still having some difficulty walking without any kind of help 100% of the time but, it was truly a miracle that she was as well of as she is.

The five of us settled into our firs class seats. We had gotten pretty used to air travel by now, we almost used it weekly as we had to get to different parts of the world to see all of our fans and go to all of the interviews we were scheduled at.

**

"Harry! Harrrrryyyy!" I could hear someone's voice in my ear.

"Finally! I thought he'd never wake up! I heard Liam say.

I turned my head and saw Louis right by me.

"Oh, hey Louis. Did I fall asleep?" I asked my friends, feeling very groggy.

"Sleep? You were passed out for the entire flight! We will be landing soon!" Zayn said, I looked over at Niall and saw him laughing. What did they do to me? I thought.

I looked at my arm and saw that one of them had doodled all along it.

"Thanks guys." I said to them, disapprovingly.

"aw cheer up mate, you're going to be with Leslie soon!" Liam said, patting my shoulder as he descended down the steps off the plane.

The thought of my blonde haired, sweet, perfect girlfriend made me smile. I couldn't wait to wrap her in my arms.

**

We pulled up the drive of Leslie's modern, farm house. It was nice, I could see her horses grazing out in a field close by.

"Nice place shes got!" Louis remarked, Niall was nodding in agreement.

We all clamored out of the van. I looked at her door and saw it open, a huge smile grew in her face as she tried to run to me, but resorted to walking, I could see through her face it was too much pain for her.

I ran to her.

"I missed you." she said, breathlessly into my shoulder, she was holding on to me like she was never going to see me again.

"Ok now you two, let's keep the PDA for some

other time." Zayn said as he and the others came closer to us.

"Oh my gosh! You guys came too!" Leslie said, completely shocked that my friends came with me.

"Well we had to see out favorite little athlete" Liam said, wrapping Leslie in a bear hug.

"Hey, it's my turn to see the patient." Louis said, he too, giving Leslie a hug.

"Harry.. What's that on your arm?" Leslie asked, pointing to the random doodles the boys drew up and down my left arm.

"You see leslie, Harold here fell asleep on the plane.. So the rest of the lads and I took the opportunity to expand our artistic skills." Niall said, they all looked mighty proud of themselves.

She started laughing, she did look beautiful when she was having a laugh... I thought to myself.

"I'll be sure to keep in mind NOT to fall asleep in front of you guys!" Leslie stated.

"Probably a good idea, we are quite spontaneous." Zayn said, looking to Louis, who seemed proud of himself.

After a while of getting re acquainted, we were on our way to the mall, where we were going to help leslie pick out a dress for the VMA's.

All of us clambered into the van, Niall was sitting in the front after winning a game of rock paper scissors against a very upset looking Liam.

"How far is the mall?" Liam asked.

"The only mall where we can get a dress that will even come close to decent for the VMA's is about an hour away. There is one closer but, the dresses aren't as nice." Leslie replied.

"WHAT? You don't have a mall around here that carries formal clothing?" Louis asked, he was astonished.

"Not really.. The city I live in is smaller and, our mall has regular department stores and other shops like Hollister. But the next city has a bigger mall that has fancier stores." Leslie answered, looking amused by Louis astonishment.

The rest of the lads were now singing very loudly to the radio. I looked over to Leslie, I could tell her legs were bothering her.

"What's wrong?" I whispered into her ear.

"My legs are just a little stiff and they hurt a bit, but it's nothing." she said, resting her head on my shoulder.

We stayed just like that for a while. My four best friends were being themselves, belting out every tune that came on the radio, and Leslie was sitting by me.