Chapter 21

**Harry's P.O.V**

"Hi Leslie, my name is Tammy, I am going to be your physical therapist until you get out of here." A tall, middle aged woman said to Leslie after entering the room. I could see that Leslie was scared and confused.

I squeezed her hand as Tammy came to help her up.

Leslie staggered and tried to get her balance after she was helped up. She tried to take a shaky step, but Tammy had to stabilize her so she didn't fall. I could see the frustration in her eyes. It was all I could do not to go over to her right then.

After a few more attempts at walking, Tammy helped her back into the hospital bed. Her parents just smiled, I could see that they were concerned.

"You're going to be fine, you'll be back on that horse before you know it." I whispered to her.

After a few minutes of silence, a doctor entered the room.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" he asked leslie.

"Alright, I'm just a little sore and tired." she said, running a hand through her curly hair.

"Well I have some good news, Tammy just told me how your therapy went and, we looked over your x rays again. It looks like you can go home, you just have to come in and make sure everything is alright in a week. Now, as you are weak, I suggest taking it easy, I definitely wouldn't try to ride horses this week." he said.

"So we can take her home now?" her her mom asked the doctor.

"Yes, I'll have a nurse come right now, oh, and be sure to make her an appointment for another week at the front desk on your way out." he smiled, and left the room.

"See? I knew you would be fine." I said to her, she took my hand.

"I'm going down to make your appointment and your father is going to get the car, see you out there." her mom said, smiling at us.

"But... What if I come back next week and he tells me I can't ride again. You can just dump me now, you probably dont want somebody who can't move." she said, tears welling up in both of our eyes now.

"Why would you think that? I love you more than anything, and you will be able to walk ok? I know it." I replied.

"Promise you won't leave me?" she asked.

"I promise." I replied, leaning down to kiss her.

"Leslie Whitaker?" a nurse asked, poking her head in the room, pushing an empty wheelchair.

"Yeah." she replied.

The nurse smiled at me, crap. She probably recognized me. I didn't want Leslie to have to deal with this.

The nurse helped her into the wheelchair then asked it.

"Are you Harry Styles? From One Direction? I am a huge fan!" she said, I should have known this would happen when I saw a female nurse probably in her mid twenties walk in.

"Yeah, but could you keep quiet? I don't really want to be noticed today." I said to her, looking at Leslie, she was the only girl I knew who could still look pretty after she has spent the last couple of days in the hospital.

"Oh, ok" she said, turning around to push Leslie to the front door.

When we made it to the front of the hospital, her parents were waiting by their car.

Her parents helped her into the front seat, right that isint the drivers seat, I'm in America. Whoops.

"I got a rental car, but could I follow you back just to say a proper goodbye? I should probably head back to london, my manager isint very pleased with me as it is." I said to her father.

He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Of course, you know, it's really unfortunate that you two live on different continents. I can tell just by the way she looks at you that you're the one for her. Just treat her right." he said.

***

After a short drive back to their hotel room, I walked over to leslie.

"Love, I have to go back to London. I will Skype you every day and I'll try to come back soon, we are going to be in the states for the VMA's soon anyway, so all of the lads could see you." I said, embracing her.

The tears started to well up in her eyes.

"I'm never going to get used to this. Skype me the second you get home." she said, kissing my cheek.

"You call that a kiss?" I asked, as I leaned in to give her a proper kiss, it was urgent, neither one of us wanted to pull away.

When we did pull away, she whispered a soft goodbye to me, I walked over to the door, smiling weakly at her as I left the room, and headed to the airport.

**

I boarded the plane, after loads of whispering girls and people giving me looks in the airport.

Leslie never left my thoughts. I felt like part of me was gone now that I was away from her, wow that was really corny. But it's true.

Just before the plane took off, Louis texted me.

Louis: hey mate! how's the girlfriend? hope she's well, and we want you back here! It was like a fifth of us was missing! :)

Oh Louis.

I sent a reply before I had to turn my phone off.

Louis: Leslie just got discharged, her parents are flying her home to NY tomorrow. I am on a plane right now, I miss you guys too but it was hard to leave her! See you soon!

**

I was just about to hop on a shuttle to where my car was parked when I geared people screaming my name.. Probably fans. I loved them but, I kind I wanted to get home, it was late at night.

"HAROLD STYLES! DON'T BE SO RUDE!" I could tell that voice anywhere.

"Hey Lou! Why are you guys here? It's late." I said, looking at my four best friends.

"We wanted to make sure you were alright, and give you a great welcome back!" Liam said.

"I'm ok, it's terrible leaving her, is it that way when you lads leave your girlfriends?" I asked Zayn, Liam, and Louis.

"Yeah, eventually we both just got used to it, it does make you treasure the moments you have together, that's for sure." Zayn said to me.

Niall was nodding.

"Niall? Do YOU have something to tell us?" I asked him, waggling my eyebrows.

"I just know the feeling, it's like when you go too long without eating something, the next time you get to eat you savor every bite." the Irish one said.

We all burst out in laughter.

"come on guys! Let's get back, I'm tired!" Paul called out to the four guys.

"Coming Uncle Paul!!" Niall yelled, running towards the van.

I had the four best mates anybody could have, I thought, smiling as I got onto the shuttle back to my car.