Chapter 20

**Leslie's P.O.V**

When I opened my eyes, I felt extremely groggy.

After I got a look at where I was, I wondered where I was and why I was just taking a nap here.

I saw my parents sitting in chairs beside me. "Where am I?" I asked them, wondering what had happened to me.

The fall. I remembered Harry, and being in this room. "Mom, dad, what happened?"

"You fell off of Remy, you took a pretty bad blow to your head. They just took you into surgery to look at your spine, you should be back home by next week." my dad said to me, smiling weakly.

"Was Harry here?" I asked them, wondering why one of the only things I could remember was him.

"Yes, he's here, he will be coming shortly." my mom said to me, I could see the worry on her face.

A doctor walked into the room soon after, telling me a physical therapist would be here shortly. Why would I need a physical therapist?

As I pondered that thought, I heard a British voice enter the room.

"Hey, you're awake!" Harry said, beaming as he came over to my side.

"Hi, how are you here?" I asked him, I thought he had to work.

"I couldn't imagine sitting in a studio, talking about the next single, while you were in here" he whispered into my ear.

"Well... I'm hungry, I'll see you two later, Patty, do you want to come?" my father said, both he and my mother exited the room.

"The others aren't upset that you are here when they are making decisions like that?" I asked him, wondering what his four best friends are thinking of him being here, with me.

"I skyped them while you were in the operating room, so I did help pick the track, but enough about me, are you feeling alright?" he asked me, I might have even seen a touch of worry flash across his face.

"I'm fine. My head is sore, but I think I'll be ok. The doctor said I was going to have a physical therapist come in here later. I don't understand that." I said to him, hoping he would have an idea as to why I would need physical therapy. I fell off of horses all the time.

"Les, when you... Fell. You landed on your head, which fractured a part of your spine, the vertebrate that you hurt was one of the ones that control your leg movement. That's why you had to go into surgery, they aren't sure if you can walk." he explained. I tried to comprehend what he just told me.

"So.... The chance of me being able to walk right now is really slim?" I asked him, I could feel tears welling up inside me eyes. What if I couldn't walk, or ride horses again?

"You're going to be fine." Harry said, leaning down to kiss me.

Our lips only brushed for a little bit, before he had something else to say to me.

"Hey, there are four guys here, that want to see you." he said to me, smiling as he pulled out an iPad.

"Guys, she's on!" I heard Liam call to the others. They were so dorky, I thought.

"Hey! Look who's up!" Zayn said as he came and sat down next to Liam.

"Hi Leslie, I hope Harry is being nice to you over there!" I heard Louis yell, now coming on screen and sitting by Zayn.

I couldn't help but laugh, I looked at Harry, he was smiling too.

"Sorry, I needed a snack, it was a long day at work." Niall said, coming on screen with a bag of chips.

"Hi guys!" I waved to them.

Harry and I stayed like that for quite a while, just chatting with his best friends, eventually, my parents, and another doctor entered the room.