Chapter 40

--16 months later--

**Harry's P.O.V**

As I leaned on the fence, watching Leslie ride, I thought about what a year or so we have had. We probably spent less than 3 full months in the same country, but, somehow, our relationship had grown and lasted.

"hey mate, Paul just brought some take out." Liam said as he came up beside me on the rail.

"Ok thanks, I'll come up when Leslie is finished." I replied, Danielle then came and the two of them walked up to the house together.

One Direction had been doing very well. We have just released our third album, and were just about to go on another sold out world tour. Things were going pretty well for everybody.

My eyes were diverted back to Leslie just in time to watch Jezzabelle plow through a jump, sending Leslie tumbling to the ground.

"Leslie! Are you alright?" I said frantically as I ran to where she was laying on the ground.

"I'm fine, just a little tumble." she said, smiling faintly as I helped her to her feet.

"You know that scares me after what happened to you last time." I told her as I wrapped her in a hug.

"I know, but it's bound to happen." she replied, turning to look at the horse.

"I better get her put away." she said, walking over to Jezzabelle who was just casually standing there, like nothing happened.

"Paul brought lunch, do you want to eat inside or out under that big tree in the pasture?" I asked Leslie as she took the saddle off of Jezzabelle's back.

"Hmm.. I like the picnic idea!" she said, pressing a quick kiss to my lips as she walked to the tack room.

"I'll be right back then." I said, smiling at her as I exited the barn.

***

**Leslie's P.O.V**

"Do you really have to leave tonight?" I asked Harry, as I rested my head on his chest, the two of us just laying there in the middle of a pasture.

"Unfortunately, yes. But... Leslie. I'm tired if goodbye. I don't want to leave you, ever." he said, we both sat up, I was curious as to what he was hinting at.

"Leslie.... You know that I love you more than anything. I hate to say goodbye, and I really don't like having to leave you all the time. So Leslie Whitaker, will you marry me?" he asked me, pulling out a small box and revealing a beautiful ring.

I could feel the warm tears welling up inside my eyes. "Yes." I said, wrapping my arms around him and kissing him. "A million times, yes." I said, as we continued to kiss.

When we both parted for air, the two of us were both grinning like fools.

"Do we have to go now?" I asked, making my best attempt at a pouty face when Harry stood up.

"I have a plane to catch, and I'm not leaving without my fiancé seeing me off at the airport." he said, smirking as he helped me up.

"Fiancé... I like it." I said, smiling as I reached for his hand.

"I just can't wait until I can call you my wife." he whispered into my ear.

The two of us walked through the pasture up to the house, hand in hand. It might have taken us longer than it should because we took frequent stops to kiss... But he just proposed! We were supposed to be in a state of puppy love!

"There's the newly engaged couple!" Niall said, as he put a very large suitcase in the van.

"You guys all knew?!?!?" I exclaimed, looking at all five of them.

"Well of course! We ARE his best mates!" Zayn said, laughing as he too piled his stuff into the van.

"ok, now you two can't be sitting near each other on the way over to the airport. I don't want to be even that close to you two when you are newly engaged." Louis said, by his smile I could tell he was joking.

Even though Louis always gave us trouble, we gave it right back when he and Eleanor were together. And, when they got engaged, we really put on a show. But that's just what friends do.

After a seemingly short car trip to the airport, it was time for Harry and I to say goodbye again. It seemed silly to part ways for probably another couple of months after we had just been engaged, but that's what happens when your boyfriend is a member of the biggest boy band in the world.

"Goodbye, I love you." I said to Harry, pressing a kiss to his lips before we had to part. It was inevitable.

"Goodbye? No love, I checked with Tim, your agent, and you are coming to London with me for two weeks. You didn't think I would propose to you and then leave did you?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me in a hug before I could reply.

"I should have guessed you would have some sort of a sneaky plan Styles." I said, before I leaned in for another kiss.

"Ok, I want to sit by Leslie on the plane." Zayn said, glancing at Harry as he said it.

"But she's MY fiancé." he said, wrapping an arm around my waist, we were just about to board the plane.

"I guess I'll just have to sit by whoever gets there first." I said, laughing as I turned to get on the plane.

As I walked through the private plane, I could see that Liam had found his seat, and already decide to take a nap. Bad idea Liam...

And, of course, Louis and Niall were seated by one of the TVs, playing a soccer game.

I decided to sit in the row across from them, they would keep things entertaining.

Then, I heard Harry and Zayn bickering as they pushed in front of each other as they too boarded the plane.

"Hi love." harry said, panting a little from his race with Zayn as he sat down in the seat next to me and draped his arm over my shoulder.

"Oh! I better call my mom before we take off." I said, forgetting that nobody in my family knew that I was engaged to Harry.

"Hi mom! Guess what? Um.. No, I'm not pregnant.. Harry just proposed to me!" I said, waiting for a response.

"Oh my goodness! I just knew he would pop the question soon!" she said, I could tell he was probably jumping up and down.

"Ok, well, he just surprised me and I'm going to London with him for 2 weeks, so I'll call you later!" I said to my mom, hanging up the phone.

Then, I snuggled into Harry's side, and asleep.