Chapter 1

"Mom, you have got to be fucking kidding me!"

"Sarah, don't you dare say that word to me! And besides, I thought you would love this! The boys are your age, they're cute..." she says winking and shaking her shoulders in a completely unacceptable way.

"I hate boy bands! And going all the way to London?! Leaving Texas, leaving America?! Leaving Alexa, Hannah, and Molly?! No! There's no way I'm doing this, I'm staying with dad! You can't pull me out of school, out of soccer, out of my whole life!"

"Sarah, you're overreacting. You'll be able to keep in touch with your friends, you can be homeschooled, and the boys love to play soccer, so you can play with them. And it's not just London, it's all of Europe! It will be an amazing traveling experience and Europe is a beautiful place! And you know I would never let you stay with your father alone."

I knew she was right. I've always wanted to go to Europe, and my dad is...well, my dad is an alcoholic. He can't support himself, much less his child, even though I'd be fine most of the time.

My mom's a photographer. Not a nature photographer or anything like that, she's a person photographer. Like...a famous person photographer. She takes random pictures, does photo shoots, and records videos for documentaries of stars. She's done Justin Timberlake, Taio Cruz, Bruno Mars, and even Drake, all of which I was very pleased to visit the set with her every once in a while. But tht while we lived in America, and I got to take Fridays off of school and travel to New York or even California. And let me get one thing straight, I am not a boy band girl in any way. I like people like Usher, Eminem, and Mac Miller. Not Justin Bieber or the Jonas Brothers.

I look at my mom, knowing I don't have any other option than to go with her. "So, we're going on tour...in Europe...with the boy band...One Direction?"

"Mhmm!" mom saiys as a smile creeps across her face and she lifts her hands up in a sign of excitement, knowing I admitted defeat. I normally never admit defeat.

"Fine," I roll my eyes at her.

"Yaay!" she squeals. "I knew you would have to end up coming with me anyways, but thank you for not making this difficult on me! I wouldn't be able to do it without you, especially of you were in a bad mood the whole time."

"Well, we'll see how well my mood works out when I meet them."

"Oh, I just know you'll love them!" she exclaims, wrapping me into a big bear hug. I roll my eyes and scramble out of her arms.

First thing I have to do is tell Alexa, Hannah, and Molly. I dont know how they'll react. Alexa's obsessed with One Direction, especially Niall, whichever one that is.

As I pick up my iPhone and start to type a new group message, I ask my mom, "So, when are we leaving?"

She looks nervous. "Uhm, well actually, in three days."

"...Three days?! Mom, that's no time at all! I won't be able to say goodbye to my friends and how will that be enough time to pack everything?"

"Calm down, sweetie. I already called your school, they're not expecting you to come back for awhile. I have plans set up for tomorrow night so all your friends can come over and say good bye. They already know. And I bought new suitcases so that we'll have enough room for everything."

Pieces start to click together in my head. My friends know, my school's already been notified, and new suitcases have already been bought?

"Mom...how long have you known about this?"

"Well, for two months. I knew how big of a shock it would come to you and I didn't want you sulking around your last two months in the place you love, so I waited. Until now."