Chapter 5

We don’t talk much on the half mile walk, but the silence isn’t awkward.

“I’m surprised you didn’t ask a driver to come and pick us up,” my voice is open to conversation, but I don’t think he would ever recognize if it wasn’t.

“I like to walk sometimes.  Inside these gates is really the only place we can without being bombarded by fans.”

He’s walking closer to me than I would like, but we both have our hands in our pockets so I don’t move away.  And I figure I’ve already been rude enough to him for one day.

“Does it ever get really annoying?”

“Eh, I mean we love our fans obviously, we wouldn’t be anywhere without them.  It’s crazy to think how much we owe them.  But sometimes, yes, it would be nice to walk down a sidewalk without having to pose for a picture or sign an autograph.  But then again, I wouldn’t trade it for anything.”

I move my head up and down in understanding.  I would personally think they’re annoying, but he’s right.  They wouldn’t be anywhere without them.

We finally reach the door to him and Harry’s flat and Liam and Niall are running across the ten times larger than normal culdesac.

“You two didn’t take long,” Liam says.

“I was just waiting for her to get ready…” Louis replies.

“I was just joking,” Liam holds his hands up to show his innocence. 

Louis gives him a warning look and opens the door.

“Honey, I’m hooooome!” He walks into the foyer and waits for Harry to greet him, standing with his arms wide open.  Harry turns the corner with a wide open smile and runs to hug Louis.  Their flat looks exactly the same as mine but with a slightly different color scheme and furniture placed differently. 

We’re standing in the kitchen when Liam puts his hands on my back and whispers, “follow me, I want to show you something.” We start walking out of the room towards the stairs.

“Uh oh Louis,” Zayn, who had arrived just moments before, points after us and Liam pushes me to start running. Louis runs after us.

“Liam, you’re not allowed to show her my room!” We’ve reached the top of the steps and Louis’s just starting to climb them.

Liam holds his finger out, “Nuh uh uh, stop right there!” Louis halts.  “You know the rule, you made it. No following someone when they’re taking a girl upstairs.”

“Oh please, you’re not doing anything sexual, you’re showing her my room!”

“Still counts!” and I follow Liam down the hallways.  Louis admits defeat and returns to the kitchen.

Liam reaches for a door partially open and pushes it so it hits against the wall.  I don’t walk in, I don’t think there’s anywhere to walk in.

Different colored striped shirts are scattered everywhere.  Everywhere.  Toms of practically every color are in every corner and on every surface.  Suspenders are hanging over the closet doors, the bedframe, and his dresser.  Different colored jeans, boxers, sweater, and button up shirts top it off.

“Holy cow.”

“I know! He’s really a pig, I wouldn’t want to live with him.”

I’m laughing to myself. “Does he ever do laundry?”

“Does it look like he ever does laundry?”

A brilliant idea comes to mind.  “Can we throw all this over the balcony into the foyer?”