Chapter 24

Louis <3: Wanna help me get ready for the party?

honestly, no. i wanna stay home!

Louis <3: But I want you to come with me.

Nathan’s not going to come and get me, i’ll be fine.

Louis was extremely cautious yesterday, and he’s even worse today.  He believes Nathan’s going to come knocking on the door any second he’s not with me, and he won’t be there to defend me. I don’t know if he’s afraid Nathan will hurt me, or if he’s afraid that he somehow ends up kissing me, that I’ll fall for him again. I won’t fall for him again. He’s an asshole.

But thinking of the party, I gather the girls in our sweats and t-shirts. “We need to go shopping.”

“Oh thank god, I had been waiting for this.” Molly gets up, I swear she can only go two days without shopping.

“Looking like this? What if we run into the boys?” We’re all wearing yoga pants, old t-shirts, our hair is up, and none of us have make-up on. 

“I can pretty much guarantee that they will not be going into any of the stores we are, besides, they’re just going to buy alcohol. And anyways, you guys are basically all dating them. It doesn’t matter how you look in front of them anymore.” 

They all look like they agree with me, so we pull on our nikes and walk out the door.

“So what are you thinking we wear for this?” Hannah asks.

“I don’t understand why you guys all think I’m the expert, I don’t know what to wear to a famous band’s New Year’s Eve party, I don’t even know who’s going. But we’ll know when we see it.”

After three hours of trying dresses on, Alexa ended up with a one shoulder navy glitter dress. Molly found her open back silver dress she wanted so badly. Hannah found a dress that showed off every possible positive feature, and for me, the girls found a simple red dress with buttons lined on the side that fits me ‘so perfectly’.

We found matching jewelry, and after placing everything together when we got home, we were all satisfied and extremely looking forward to the party.

“This calls for Milkshake City!” We leave the house again in extreme need of something to fill our stomachs, and after eating dinner, we pull up to Milkshake City, as I get a text from Nathan.

Nathan: Is Milkshake City worth going to?

We’re sitting in the parking lot, and my heart practically stops. I look out the window, searching for him standing there, watching me, but he’s no where to be found.

well where are you?

Nathan: We’re about 15 minutes away, but it’s on the way to our hotel.

“We’re ordering, and leaving. Nathan’s coming.” We all jump out of the car, understanding the urgency. If I actually ran into Nathan here, shit would go down. And I didn’t want it to.

I don’t reply while we’re ordering, and Nathan texts me again.

Nathan: So?

yeah, if it’s on the way to your hotel then i guess, but you could go any other time.

Nathan: Well we’re going. Any other places you’ve been shown we should go to?

I keep on looking out the window of the building, expecting him to walk in at any moment, creating an extremely awkward and unwanted situation.

Why are there so many people here. Why did we even come in here in the first place.

“Is he coming?” Molly asks while she picks up her drink from the counter.

“He said he is..” I’m antsy and I feel like I have to pee.

All of our drinks are finally ready, and we bolt out the door, practically running to the car.

“I honestly don’t know what I would have done if he had been in there.” 

We’re driving out of the parking lot, and I pull out onto the road back to the house.

“Sarah…” Hannah’s looking out the window.

“What?”

“Nathan just drove in. And he saw you. He for sure saw you.”

“Are you serious?”

She doesn’t answer, but I can see it all over her face.

“Well..this milkshake is actually really really good.” Molly says nonchalantly, and we all laugh. For some reason, Molly can make any situation practically disappear, but something tells me this one isn’t going to for a while.

When we get to the house, we sit down and start watching movies, our backup to any boring night.

Nathan: I saw you.

“Can’t he just not text me for one night in his life anymore?!”

i heard.

Nathan: You didn’t see me?

did you see me make eye contact with you?

Nathan: No need to be a bitch.

fuck you Nathan.

Nathan: I know you would love to.

That comment turns everything around, and I go from hurt and upset to bitter and angry. The only person that can ever calm me down when I’m in this mood is Louis. I’ve taken to not telling him every conversation me and Nathan have, to just telling him the big stuff. But I don’t want to tell him this. I just want to be with him, to touch him, to have him hold me. I want the passion he radiates to be around me, I want to havefun. 

“Can Harry come over here while I go to Louis’s?” I ask Molly.

“Yeah, I guess so. Are you okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine.”

I call Louis and tell him I’m coming over, that Harry needs to take my place, and I pass him on the walk there.

“Everything alright?”

“Everything’s fine.” He can tell something happened, but he knows I don’t look super upset about it. I’ve never been like this before, I’ve never been ‘physical’. But I’m sick of Nathan making jokes, and I need something to get my mind off the whole situation with him.

“Don’t get too naughty, okay?”

“No promises!” I finally pass him and I can feel him turn around, his eyes on me. He knows I’m never like this.

I finally reach the front door, and I let myself in. He left it unlocked. He’s sitting on the couch in chinos, a striped shirt, barefoot, and when I walk in, he walks to greet me.

“What’s up?”

“I need something to get my mind off this bastard that does not deserve to be in this town.” I take my jacket off and set it on the floor, my shoes beside it.

“What do you want to do?”

I stand there and raise my eyebrows, walking past him towards the stairs, my shoulder grazing past his. I don’t hear him move until I’m halfway up the steps.

Of course I’m not going to have sex with him. He’s not getting that lucky tonight. But I am looking for a little fun.