Chapter 15

He takes me up to his room and Harry stays downstairs.

“Tell me if you need me!”

Once we’re sitting on his bed he asks me, “What did I do wrong?”

“I don’t know yet.  That’s why I’m here.”

He just looks at me expectantly.

“Do you know why my mom was so upset when she saw us?”

“No, you wouldn’t tell me…”

“Last year…” and I proceed to tell him my Homecoming experience, keeping the tears back this time.

“Why would anyone in the world ever try to get rid of someone as beautiful as you.” YOu can hear the disbelief and sincerity in his voice.

“That’s not the only reason why.”

“Because it was 7:00 in the morning and she didn’t know we accidentally slept the whole night together?”

“No.”

“Then what?”

“She heard something about you yesterday.”

A look of confusion and worry comes over his face.  ”What did she hear…” he says it slowly.

I take a deep breath and let it all out.  ”She heard you pick a girl to sleep with every time you go out and then you leave her with nothing, no note, no anything.  Every time you go out.”

“Well where did she hear that from?” He looks a little angry, but more like he just wants to mend the situation.

“She wouldn’t tell me, but it doesn’t matter.  What are you not telling me?”

He looks me straight in the eye, but I can tell he doesn’t know where to start.

“Just tell me.” I don’t want to be hurt, but I want to know.

He takes my hand.  ”First thing, I never try to find a girl to sleep with, just for the fun of it. Ever.  But there was one night, and we went out to a party.  There were a lot of drinks going around, and I just wanted to have fun, so naturally, I had a few drinks.  Some girl that I didn’t know started talking to me.  She was pretty, but she wasn’t half as beautiful as you are.” That makes me smile. “We were talking throughout the night and dancing, and eventually she was so drunk she started kissing me.  And I was drunk enough to take her home with me. I made Harry go to Zayn’s house. I still look at myself awful for doing that, and I had sex with her. I didn’t know what was going on, and I didn’t really enjoy it. When I woke up, I went over to Zayn’s house to get Harry. Of course I wasn’t going to leave a note, I didn’t think she was going to wake up in ten minutes.  She seemed pretty hung over.  And then when I came back, she was gone. She must’ve been angry and assumed I left or something, and I haven’t heard from her since.”

“…That’s it?”

“Yes, that’s it.”

“Well then..why did Harry make it seem like a big deal, and why did you think you needed to tell me so soon..”

“Because I’m not proud of it, and when people find out stuff like that and it’s not directly from that person, you know, it can get a little out of hand.”

“Yeah, like my mom.”

“So she really doesn’t want you to see me anymore, huh?”

“Nope.”

“Are you going to listen to her?”

I look over at him in a seriously way and kiss him.

“Never.”

He laughs and says under his breath, “good.” and kisses me some more.

“Come on, let’s go find out what Harry’s doing.”

We walk downstairs and to my surprise, he’s videochatting with someone on the computer.

And I hear her voice, “That’s the most brilliant idea ever! Please tell me we can do it!”

“MOLLY!” I run behind the computer and push Harry out of the way.

“Ahhh! Sarah!” 

“Wait wait wait a minute. You two skype on a regular basis now?!” 

“Well actually,” Harry says picking himself up off the floor, “we were talking about something specific.” He looks at Louis and Louis automatically nods his head.

“What something specific?” I look between Harry and Louis and Molly on the computer, but they’re all just smiling slyly at each other. “Someone tell me!” 

“Sarah, it’s a surprise!” Molly says, exasperated.

I look at her. “Molly. I hate surprises.  You know this.” 

“So what if I do? This one’s a good surprise! But I have to go now, so I’ll see you when yo come back home for Christmas, okay?”

“SHE’S STAYING WITH ME!” Louis jumps in front of the camera and screams.

We all bust into laughter, “bye Molly! I can’t wait to see you!”

“Bye Sarah, I love and miss you! Bye Harry! Bye Louis, don’t hurt my Sar Bear!” She ends their skype call and Harry and Louis both look up at me as if they’ve made a life changing revelation.

“What?”

“Sar Bear?!” Harry says in complete surprise.

“Okay, no one but Molly is allowed to call me that, she’s called me that forever.”

Huge smiles spread across both their faces. “Boo Bear and Sar Bear, awww.” Harry pinches my cheek.

“Oh my goodness, I didn’t even realize that!”

“Well now you two have cute matching couple nicknames, congratulations.”

I laugh, “well then I guess we do.”