Chapter 6

I skype Molly that night and don't tell anyone else about what's happening.  She asks me various questions about Harry and the other boys.  After saying good-bye, I pass out until my mom wakes me up.  

"Come on, in an hour and 15 minutes we're leaving for a photo shoot and a radio interview."

I rub the sleep from my eyes. "You don't normally give me more than thirty minutes to get ready."

"Well, you've been sleeping for 13 hours and I figured you'd be mad if I didn't give you enough time to be ready."

I look at the clock, 1:00.  I stretch, groan, take a long hot shower and blow dry and straighten my hair.  I do my makeup lighter than yesterday, wearing thinner brown eyeliner and brown mascara.  I pick out a simple outfit, at least to me.  Black jeans and black slouchy boots with a loose, flowy, light purple shirt and a necklace with big grey jewels.  I bring my bangs farther down on my forehead.  Simple, but clean.  I have a granola bar before we leave and a driver picks us up, to my slight disappointment, without the boys.  We go to the radio station first and watch the boys through a window.  

The boys wave when they see me come, but Louis looks at me longer than everyone else, and the interviewer notices.

"Who's that, Louis?"

"Oh, she's someone we just met yesterday that'll be travelling with us on tour."

"Yeah? What's her name?"

"Sarah."

"Do you fancy her?"

All the boys yell yes into their microphones and he starts blushing.

He smiles and looks down.  "She's very beautiful." I don't know what to think of the whole situation, so I let it slide.  

My mom and I leave the interview before it's over so she can set up the photoshoot.

The photo shoot's going to be taken out by a white wood house with a little forest in the backyard.  Inside the house there's a few couches and chairs, a bathroom, and white backgrounds set up for individual pictures.

I sit down on one of the couches and check Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.  Everything is boring except Tumblr. After 20 minutes of boredom,  I make a tweet.

@Harry_Styles @Real_Liam_Payne @Louis_Tomlinson @NiallOfficial @zaynmalik hurry up boys, i'm bored.

Harry replies first:

@sarah_keating sarah wants us to hurry? we'll be there as soon as we can, xx 

Five minutes later the boys come pounding in the room, yelling loud greetings, and jumping onto the couches.  They have about 10 seconds before people start doing their hair, make-up, and asking them what they're going to wear.  I don't understand how they do it, I hate attention.

I follow the boys out and watch them off to the side.  Suddenly Harry runs off and all the boys follow.  They all give a girl a hug, except Liam who waves, and bring her over to meet me.

"Sarah, this is Kendall.  Kendall, this is Sarah."

We both say hi and wave.

"Boys, come on." They run back and start goofing around more than posing for shots.

"So you're from Texas?"

"Yepp, are you from here?"

"I was actually born in California, but we moved here for my dad's job when I was just a year old, hence the accent.  My parents are divorced."

"Mine are too! I've never been to California though, I've always wanted to go!"

We talk until the boys are done doing their shoot and they join our conversation.  She tells me about why she's with the boys, how she basically grew up with Harry, and how she'll probably be on set whenever I am.  We're both extremely grateful to have a girl our same age in case we need some girl time.  She's absolutely beautiful.  She has darker hair than mine and it's only a little shorter.  Freckles are splattered across her cheeks and her blue-green eyes are just as big as mine.  She's slightly taller than me, but then again I'm small, and her outfit is something I'd wear.  We'll get along.

It's decided the whole crew's going to dinner together and Kendall drives with my mom and me.

I've never seen so much food eaten before, especially by Niall.  During dinner me and Liam talk most of the time, due to the fact that Louis's sitting three seats away. I keep seeing Liam look over at Kendall and Louis talking, but his mood doesn't seem to change so I don't think anything of it.  I notice Louis and Kendall are talking a lot, and I figure it's just because they've known each other for so long, and besides, she's loads prettier than me, but I still wish I was sitting in Kendall's spot.  We don't do anything after dinner and me and my mom go home and watch a little t.v before going to bed.

As I lay down, I get a text from Liam.

Have a good night's sleep. :)

You too!

I secretly wish Louis texted me, but I guess Liam isn't so bad either.

KENDALL'S POV

Sarah is extremely nice and extremely friendly. I can see us getting along extremely well and I'm so thankful there'll be a girl around.  I love the boys, but I'm a teenage girl.  I need girl time.

At dinner I talk to Louis a lot, due to Liam sitting farther away than I would like him to.  I love all of the boys.  I was practically raised with Harry and once One Direction was started, I became best friends with all the boys.  The only one I can picture there being anything with is Liam.  I've always thought there's been something more than friends and Harry told me so too, but seeing Sarah and him talk make me doubt it.  She's different than I am and their talking comes so naturally and they both look really happy.  

It hits me in my gut how much I wish I'm in Sarah's spot right now, but I ignore the feeling.