Chapter 16

Over the next three days the boys are stressed but excited to start their own tour; they don’t want to disappoint anyone, even though I know that’s impossible.  They’re trying to rehearse as much as they can, but they always need some time to relax and invite me to do stuff with them.

Louis asked me to do something alone and my mom’s reaction was as goes:

“I’m gonna go out to lunch with Louis today okay?”

“Will any of the other boys be there?”

“No..”

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t know yet…”

“I don’t want you to go.”

“I figured as much, but I’m going. Love you.”

She still believes Louis’s an awful person who has sex every chance he can and that he’ll end up hurting me even worse than Nathan.

If I ever asked her to go out with all of them, her reaction was as goes:

“Can I go out to dinner with the boys when they get back?”

“All of them?”

“I think so…”

“Of course!”

It’s getting a little annoying and I want her to realize that I’m happy and I trust him.  

And apparently he feels the same way.

“I want to talk to your mom about it.”

“Why? I don’t care what she thinks.”

“But I do and I don’t want her to think I’m that person, and I want her to trust me with you.” 

“You really want to talk to her about it?”

“Yes.”

“You’ll regret it, she’s protective.”

“Now.”

“Now?”

“Yes.”

“Well she’s already in a bad mood because she knows I’m with you.”

“I don’t care.”

“Okaay…”

We walk back to my house, taking the walk slow, holding hands, talking about nothing important.

When we reach the door he turns to face me. “You mean a lot to me.  And I just can’t figure out why.”

A small smile spreads across my face.  ”You don’t have to know, just don’t leave me.”

We walk into the house and my mom walks into the foyer.  ”You’re home ear-oh.  Hi, Louis. How are you?” She starts to walk away.

“I’m great, thank you for asking.  But I would actually like to talk to you about something.”

She turns around. “You would?”

“If you have time.”

“I have time.  What about?”

“Your daughter.” He pulls me closer to him and I see her jaw clench.

“Well then we should come into the kitchen.” She walks away and I look up at Louis.

“It’ll be fine,” he whispers and kisses my forehead.  He keeps his arm wrapped around me as we walk into the kitchen, taking seats next to each other.