Chapter 11

It took me awhile to fall asleep that night, but once I did, I was out.  My mom didn't bother waking me up, she figured out something was wrong.  I woke up around 1:00 in the afternoon, but stayed in bed until 3:00.  I didn't look at my phone or anything, I just took a long hot shower.

When I went downstairs, my mom left me a note.

Working today, but not with the boys.  I didn't want to wake you up, I knew you were out late last night. Happy 19th birthday, I love you. Call me when you wake up.

I pull out my phone. 

9 Text Messages

5 Missed Calls

What.

Before checking anything, I call my mom, and she tells me happy birthday.  She's going to be out all day today, so she told me to call the boys or Kendall up and try and do something. I don't tell her everything that happened last night, she doesn't need to know. 

Alexa, Hannah, and Molly have each texted me twice and called me.  I reply to every one of them and tell them I'll skype them later, if I gather enough energy to.  One of the other messages is from Harry.  

Be expecting a call from Louis, he wants to talk to you today.

And the other two messages are from Louis.

I can't tell you how sorry I am about last night.

Call me when you wake up, I want to see you.

I don't reply quite yet.  One of the calls was from my mom, one from Louis, and one from my grandparents.  I call my grandparents back, and they give me the usual Happy Birthday talk.

But I decide I should text Louis back.

I'm up.

He probably responds within 20 seconds.

Louis: Happy Birthday! I really want to apologize to you about last night, in person.

Me: Well then I guess we'll have to figure something out.

Louis: Can I come over in 30 minutes?

That would mean 4:15.

Me: Make it 45.  I'll be waiting!

Louis: Great.

I don't know what to expect, and I have no idea what he's going to say to me.  

I put on a little bit of makeup before he comes, but I leave my sweatpants and t-shirt on.  When he arrives, I open the door, and he pulls me into a hug.  It's apologetic, and I can tell he wants me to forgive him.

"Come on in." It's obvious I'm really starting to like him, but I know we're going to have to get past this bump in the road before I'm prepared for anything at all.

We sit down on opposite ends of the couch and I bring my feet up off the floor.

"Happy Birthday." He smiles a little smile and it makes me laugh. "Look, I-"

"Louis, I know you're sorry, you don't really have to explain anything."

"No, I do. I don't know why I did that last night. I just thought it would make me forget about the whole conversation for a while, and the rest of the night would be normal.  You know, a normal birthday party, no feelings for anyone, just having fun. But no matter how much I drank, you know what?"

"What?"

"It didn't help me forget about how much I want to be with you and I how mad I am at myself for screwing things up."

"You didn't screw things completely up."

"Sarah, I was out of control last night.  The only reason the boys didn't stop me is because we all know we have to learn our own lessons, but they wouldn't have let me take it any farther than it would have.  I was just..I was just wrong.  I never should have been drinking that much that night, I never should have been drinking at all. It ruined your birthday dinner, and it was rude and selfish, and I made you experience something awful that I can't ever take back."

"Louis, it's okay."

"If it makes you feel any better, I am completely hung over and my head is pounding."

It makes me laugh, and I just want to push the whole situation aside.  It doesn't matter that much to me anymore. "Can we just forget this?"

"Well, I won't ever forget how badly I went wrong, but yes, we can stop talking about it."

"Good.  And do you want some Advil for your headache?"

"Normally, I would just be a man and tough through it, but it really hurts. So yes." I get up and give him some Advil and water, and sit back down on the couch with my laptop. Thankfully, I had closed Tumblr and Twitter the night before, or else that could have turned out bad.  My Skype icon starts bouncing up and down and I go check to see who's messaging me.

I gasp. "Do you want to talk to Alexa?!"

"Well I'm not stopping you from talking to her on your birthday, go on, click it!"

I accept the chat and we both scream when we see each other, she can't tell he's sitting right next to me.

"Happy Birthday!"

"Oh, Alexa, I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too! I mailed you your birthday present, it should be there tomorrow!"

"You paid for shipping all the way out here? That's crazy! You should have waited until I came home for Christmas!"

"No, you're my best friend, and you are not getting your birthday present a month late! So how are the boys? What did they have planned for you last night?"

I look over at Louis and laugh, "Let's just not bring that up."

"Why do you always look around your room when you're skyping?! I don't understand it!"

I turn the camera so she can see Louis. "Oh, well this is awkward." 

"Alexa this is Louis, Louis this is Alexa."

"Hello der!" Louis waves, all excited and adorable.

She looks at me with a shocked look on her face, amazed I didn't tell her he comes over to my house.  I laugh because of it. "He's just here to mend things up."

"Oh, well, I'll let you too finish mending then.."

"You don't have to leave!"

"But I'm going to! Have a wonderful birthday, okay? I can't wait to see you at Christmas!"

"Me either! I love you Alexa!"

"Love you too!" 

She ends the call, and Louis looks at me. "You're not going to be here on my birthday?!"

"Oh please, you'll be with your parents anyways!"

"But that doesn't mean I won't want you there!"

"You'll be able to live."

We both just sit there on the couch for a few minutes, not saying anything, my feet curled up to my chest, leaning slightly against him.

"So what are your plans for tonight?"

"Well, my mom has to work all day, which means she won't be home until late, so I have nothing planned. Do you have anything to do with the boys?"

"Not at all."

I look up at him and smile. "Wanna stay here?"

"I would love to." He kisses the top of my head, and I know it's going to be the best birthday yet.