Chapter 32 Waiting

(a.n.)I feel TERRIBLE it took me this long.. You see no internet at home and the school blocked me out soo, again, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!

*****Zach's POV*****

Everyone said I needed sleep, my eyes were bloodshot and I was weak, but I couldn't sleep at all. Almost everyone was asleep or just resting. I forced myself awake in case my Amber wakes up. I couldn't sleep knowing she is hurt. Those doctors better be giving her the best care.

"Mr...Beeken?" A doctor asked in the waiting room. I got up questioning him right away

"Yes? How is she? Will she be okay?"

"She is responsive and her heart rate is steady. She cut pretty deep, it'll take a while to heal up. You're lucky, she just missed a vein, she could've died if she cut it open."

"When can we see her?"

"Well she is sleeping right now. I'd say maybe tomorrow."

"Great. Then I can see her?"

"Yes." I sighed relief she was okay. Four more people came in, one of which was Amy. She came up to me.

"Where is she?"

"In the back. I just spoke with a doctor. She is doing fine and we can see her tomorrow."

"How long have you been here?"

"Since 11 (am) "

"Midnight. You've been here for...fourteen hours?" One of the men said

"Yes..I refuse to leave her."

"You really do love my daughter don't you?"

"Yes. I love her more than anything."

"She's lucky to have you." Amy smiled

*****

Knowing Amber was okay I could finally rest. I never went home, I slept in the waiting room. Everyone else was crashed out still when I woke. All but Robin, Jay, Cassy, Amy, Amber's dad, and the guy her dad came with.

"What time can we see her?" Jay asked

"I guess when the doctor calls us in." Which better be soon..

It was about another hour wait before someone finally came.

"Mr. Beeken--"

"Can we see her?" I asked interrupting him.

"Just five more minutes. She is just now waking up. We still have a few tests to run, then you can see her." I ran my fingers through my hair sitting back down. I watched the clock, not letting anything or anyone distract me.