Chapter 2 Getting the job

I walked for weeks, it was long and hard, but ten times better then home. I ended up in Indiana, Pennsylvania

(A.N. Aaannnddd I'm not gonna tell that story because I don't wanna ramble on and kill y'all of boredom...Okay read on my precious Roadies.)

I'm on my last set of clothes all the others are worn out an dirty. I looked at my reflection in the window I was passing, the bruise on my face was healing from when my dad slapped me and my wrists were healing from the cuts. I pushed my black hair out of my face brushed it a little with my fingers. My grey eyes weren't filled with tears like usual, but clear of any at all. This is better than home, was sort of happy

I kept walking and see a bar with a sign on the window.

*Help Wanted*

I might quality for it so I walked in. The place was packed with drunks. I went to one of the four bartenders he had brown wavy hair, hazel eyes, and a name tag that read Shawn.

"Welcome to Lex's Bar. What's up? Wanna drink?" he asked slightly drunk himself.

"Nope, just wondering what job you guys are hiring for."

"Hmm, you may need to talk to the boss for that babe." Shawn smiled.

"Where is he?"

"SHE is by the stage." I was slightly embarrassed

"Oh...thanks." I walked over to the stage and seen a girl, early 20s with blonde hair pulled up she had blue grey eyes and a shirt with the bar logo on it and was wearing jeans and a name tag that read Lex.

"Hey, what's up I'm Lex."

"Hey, what job you hiring for?" I ask shyly.

"Well...one of the bartenders, Matt quit so, we need a new one." She smiled.

"Can I apply?"

"Can you mix drinks?"

"Yes..."

"Your hired hon." Lex smiled. "How old are you?"

"18."

"Damn I was gonna give you the employee deal, but...do you drink?"

"No, but I've had a couple beers before." She gasped and put her hands on her hips and looked me in the eyes.

"Bad girl." She slapped my hand and smiled. "Its fine hon whenever you wanna drink, I'm your go to girl got that its on the house."

"Yeah, thanks, so do I start today or..."

"Today's fine get out their and serve girl." I liked Lex, I bet she was drunk, but she's pretty fun to be around. I went behind the counter and started working.

"Got the job, eh?" A girl with brown straight hair and brown eyes asked, she had a named tag that read Robin.

"Yep."

"Lex hires anyone with eyes to see..."

"Not true, remember Diane? blind in one eye?" A girl with blonde curly hair, brown eyes said walking over to us. She was wearing a skirt and leggings and a name tag that read, Cassy.

"Well...yeah she was an exception." Robin said laughing.

" Cassy by the way." She said holding out her hand. I shook her hand and started working. I may have no house, but life's good.