Chapter 5 Day with Zach

After work I went to Zach's house following the directions carefully. I seen him sitting on the steps, he smiled when he seen me.

"Hey Amber."

"Ello Zacher. What do ya wanna do?"

"Hang out maybe watch a movie or something..."

" A movie sounds good"

"Great, come on in." I walked into his house, we went t the living room and went to find a movie. "What do you like?"

"I'm a total geek about superheroes...Got Spiderman?"

"Yeah, you wanna watch that?"

"Sounds good to me." we put in the movie and plopped on the couch.

"Want popcorn?"

" Yum. Sounds perfect." He went in the kitchen and popped up a bag for us and put it in a big bowl.

After the movie, he was about to shut it off, but I stopped him.

"No! Wait Hero is coming on!"

"Hero?" He looked confused.

"The music video after the movie."

"Oh, okay."I sang to the video and Zach hummed along. "Wow, Am you sing really good."

I looked to the floor blushing."No I don't Zach, your voice in the back made it sound good, I can't sing worth crap."He laughed.

"Well I know I'm a stranger and all, but can I hear you sing?" He smiled mocking me from the time I met him at the bar.

"Your no stranger Zach, your an amazing person."

"Well can an amazing person hear you sing then, please?" Giving me puppy eyes, I'm s total sucker for those eyes.

"Ugh, fine...but its not good."

"I'll take my chances." I took a deep breath and sang life is a highway for him. After I finished I looked to him.

"Well..."I said mocking his tone from when he first sang to me.

"Hmmm..."He looked skeptical. "That was AMAZING! And I'm signing up for X-Factor...You should!" He smiled

"Thanks, but...no thanks"

"Awww I'd like to see the judges faces when they seen you sing."

"I'm not that brave."

"Awww okay...Soo I don't mean to bud in, buuuttt, your face...what happened?" I told him everything... from the bruise to the abuse. I told him I ran away and showed him my healing cuts. He listened intently. "Wow...I'm so sorry." He pulled me in a hug, I breathed in his scent it was so soothing, I felt tears. run down my face...when did I start crying?

"Its not your fault..."I say through his neck.

"You don't deserve that...a girl as nice as you doesn't deserve that at all..." His deep voice breathing into my hair, brushing it softly.

"Zach, your the best...I've never had a friend care about me before...come to think of it no one has ever cared about me before."

"Well I do." He kissed my head and rubbed my back gently.

" I've never had a friend, ever and boys could give a shit about me."

"I'm not like them I wont leave you...I'll never be that guy ever. That's a promise." We just sat there saying nothing, just hugging each other.

"Zach?"

"Hmmm?"

"What time is it?" He moved slightly to look a the clock.

" 11:27."

"I should go..."I said getting up, "Robin and Lucas must be wondering where I am."

"Okay." he helped me up. I gave him one last hug.

"Thanks Zach for making me feel better." I hugged him tighter.

"For now on..."He grab be my hand. "That's my job." Then I left.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

A. N. Awww Amber finally has a friend...Zach is soooo sweet and Caring. I'm falling in love with this book. Its coming together perfectly! Thank for reading, y'all. Love you lots my faithful Roadies. Keeps reading ;P