Chapter #04 - Opinion said aloud

[y/n]'s POV.

You woke up in the morning. It's been three days since Ben got hurt, so it's weekend finally. No matter if kids in school are mean or not, weekend is weekend and it's good to finally rest. Well, Ben was resting since he got hurt, so he's probably not excited for weekend to begin, but still you are.

You and Ben were texting more usually but God knows about what, because it was just some random stuff. You took out a phone to see if he texted, but only message you got was from shield-bot that was supposed to warn civilians about fight going down in center. You was about to stay in bed anyway, but then you thought about something crazy. You got up, put on hoodie in your favorite color and jeans, ate breakfast and left the house. You somehow got to city center and hid behind a car. You looked at heroes that were fighting. Almost all the spiders were sticking around, but one was missing. You stayed behind your cover as long as you had to.

As you was waiting for the battle to pass by another spider appeared. It was Scarlet this time. He helped out others and together they knocked villain unconscious. He was about to swing away, but he didn't get to, because you shouted his name. "Are you Scarlet Spider?" you shouted. He pulled himself down by his webbing. "Yeah, is there a problem?" "Yes, there is." "I'm all ears." "It's about Ben Reilly. He's your friend, right?" "...How do you know?" "Answer me first." "...Yeah, we're friends..." "Then could you tell me why did you let him get hurt?" "...I did?" he seemed to don't know what were you talking about. "Yes, you did. It happened in Wednesday. He got caught in crossfire. That's what he told me." "How did he told you?" "He texted me. Look, I'm glad that you helped me when I was bullied in school, but I'd rather still be bullied if that would make you help him."

"Wait, so you're [y/n]? If we're talking about same battle, I got hurt as well." "Really? Did you got broken nose, snapped wrist, internal bleeding and almost-broken ribs? Because that's what happened to Ben right before he passed out because of all that damage! Are you proud?" you asked. "I- I'll talk with him and- I'll say sorry." he said ashamed. Wait really? He didn't try to kill you? Guess he's not as bad as he seemed in TV. "Thank you." you said and turned away. Then you headed to your home.

Ben Reilly's POV.

I just stood there like 'what?'. Was it really [y/n]? And did she really just shouted at me? Like, seriously? She didn't seem to be this confident while texting. I mean, it's nothing wrong, but... wow, she really did. "SCARLET!" Spider-Man's voice snapped me out from my thoughts "Scarlet, I told you 'stay in bed'! Why'd you came?!" "To help you, punks?" "You can hurt yourself like this!" he said. "Actually..." I looked at [y/n]'s shape disappearing in distance "I regret nothing." I smirked under my mask.

[y/n]'s POV.

You got back to your house and you still couldn't believe in what you did. Have you just shouted at Scarlet Spider because he let Ben get hurt? You really did... Your phone rang so you looked at screen. One new message.

Is it truth? Ben texted you

?

Did u really shouted at Scarlet Spider?

I guess so

He already told u?

He said he's sorry

Was he mad at me?

No

I think he was even impressed

Rly?

Yea

He said it was brave to just come to him and tell him

like u did

I just wanted him to know

I mean

I'm grateful because he helped me

He and u

U both helped me with my class

But I thought 

"If he can help me in regular problem

why can't he help Ben when it's serious?"

I think he felt a little guilty then

Btw, how do u feel?

A lot better than yesterday

How???

Three days ago u was so hurt

And now u feel better?

Can u walk?

I can run

Let me repeat

HOW???

I can lie or tell u truth

I'd rather know real answer

All right

Truth is

Wait a second

He stopped texting for a moment. 

Ben Reilly's POV.

I was about to tell her, but there was a knock at my door. "Ben? You in there?" Peter asked through door. I rolled my eyes. "Where else would I be?" I asked. "I thought you'll be there and yet a moment ago you was in center." "Because I saw all of you almost dying in news. Again. Maybe you should train a little bit more?" "All right, can I get in?" "Sure." I said. Door opened an he got in. "All right, I came here to tell you, that even through you should be resting you was able to help. That's why I think it's time when you should get back to... not fighting. Not yet. But how about friendly sparring?" "It's a lot better than lying here." I said and got up "I'll be right there, I'll just get ready. Okay?" "Sure. I'll be waiting in training room." he said.

He left my room and I looked at my phone. Wait. Was I really going to tell her? Why would I? I shouldn't trust her. And yet... I need to catch a break before I'll do something I will regret later. I think I'll just go beat Peter up and I'll be better.

[y/n]'s POV.

He wasn't texting for a longer moment, so you got worried that something happened.

Sorry

I gotta go

But how?

I'll tell u later

K?

U promise?

Yea

Okay

But keep ur word

I will

He stopped texting. You sighed. It wasn't late, so you had some time for your own. Then why all you want to do is keep texting him? Well, he's busy, so you have to go find something to do. You decided to get yourself some ice-cream.

THE END OF CHAPTER 4!

Can we call it meeting if she had no idea that it was Ben? But oh god, [y/n] told Scarlet that Ben's hurt because of him. And she had no idea.

See you in the next chapter!