Chapter #05 - Cold

[y/n]'s POV.

You got out to ice cream parlor. You had a lot of money saved, so you could've bought yourself a lot, but you're not insane. Well, you just shouted at Scarlet Spider, but you're still not insane. However you bought yourself more ice cram than usually. You ate everything and went back to home. On your way you saw guy selling hot dogs. It's not the best idea to eat this much, but just one hot dog won't hurt, right? You just saw guy buying himself 20 hot dogs and eating all of them one by one, so it won't be this bad if you'll get yourself one small hot dog, right?

You ate it as well and got home. You watched TV for some time and then took a shower. You felt tired, so you just got into your bed and fell asleep. When you got up in the morning you felt pain in your throat. "Why does it hurt?" you tried to ask yourself, but your voice struggled to appear. It only caused more pain, so you wrapped your hand around your throat. You looked around and tried to find reason why you felt like this. Then you realized. Cold ice cream, hot hot dog. Wet hair and window in your room opened. You caught a cold tonight.

You told your parents about it, or at least informed them somehow, because what you did can't be called 'talking'. They gave you some medicine and told you to get back to bed. Then they brought you some food and went to pharmacy to get some more and better working medicine for you. As you was lying in your bed and staring at the ceiling you finally understood why Ben was so annoyed that he had to stay in bed. There's big difference between doing nothing because you want to and doing nothing because you have to.

You tried to fall asleep, but there was no way to since you just woke up. You was just turning and tossing in your bed and you had no idea what to do. You was so bored that even school would be interesting in the moment. Before leaving, parents told you to rest and they hid TV remote somewhere. You seriously had nothing to do now. Your phone moved on pillow next to you and a faint smile appeared as you looked at the screen. Ben texted.

ur okay?

u've been awfully quiet lately

I'm good

I just caught a cold

rly?

Bad luck

That's not surprising after all

yesterday I've eaten ice cream and hot dog

Also fell asleep with wet hair and opened window

It would be surprising if I wouldn't

Yea

Why'd you done all of this?

I was hungry and tired

btw

let me repeat my yesterday's question

how'd you healed so fast?

All right

I guess u had bigger effect on Scarlet than u thought

he was so sorry that tricked shield into helping me

seriously

they've been acting like I was dying

and they gave me some medicine

and now I'm good

rly?

I had no idea I'll make him act like this

I wasn't even sure if he won't attack me