Chapter #14 - Get better soon

[y/n]'s POV.

You slowly opened your eyes only to get blinded by some lights. You weren't sure where you were, but it was longer the street, that's for sure. Everything around you was quiet and the thing you were lying on warm. You used your hand to cover your eyes so the light could no longer affect you. As soon as you moved your hand you've heard a gasp next to you and you've felt arms wrapping around you really tightly. With no hesitation, you've hugged person back, not even knowing who it was. You had to open your eyes to learn that it was actually your mum. She seemed so happy that she was almost crying. You also saw your dad standing behind her with a really happy expression on his face.

You looked around to find out where you were. It didn't look like your room nor house, you weren't sure if you ever even had been there before. You spotted a few doors and windows. You thought you saw some figure in the window, but it disappeared after a second so you just assumed that it wasn't real. Then you begin to wonder why were you where you were and suddenly memories just hit your head. You've remembered a car running at you and crowd around you. You remembered that it ran into you because you ran onto the street. You also remembered why we're you running. It all happened because of Ben and Scarlet and their ...case..., if you can call it that way. Or more likely you were running because it was hard to deal with emotions you experienced while Ben blocked you. It was such an unexpected experience. You didn't think that it would affect you so much and yet it did. Maybe... Maybe Ben matters to you a lot.

"Oh, [y/n]!" your mum shouted as she squished you harder. You smiled a little and hugged her closer as well. "I'm here, mum, I'm fine." "Are you sure you're okay? The doctor told us you were hit by a car!" your dad asked. "I mean... Does doctor say I'll be fine?" you asked. "He says you were lucky and you got here soon enough to get help and your brain is not damaged." "So that's a 'you're fine'?" you asked, only to make sure, and your dad nodded in approval.

Your mum finally let go of you and looked straight into your eyes. "What were you thinking?" she asked "Running onto a road? What had gotten into you?" "I didn't mean to, I just wasn't looking around. It was an accident!" you said, but you started feeling a little guilty for making your parents feel this way. They must've been terrified as someone called them to tell them that their only kid was hit by a car.

After some time your parents were asked to leave and you learned that you had to stay in the hospital for the night so doctors can be sure that you're fine. They didn't like it, but they knew there was no other way and so did you. I'm the night you've heard your phone making sounds. You thought that your parents were checking up on you to make sure you feel good, but as you turned on the screen you saw that it was Ben who texted. You looked at the wall. It'll hurt to even read it. He doesn't even know. You decided to ignore it and go back to sleep, but messages kept on coming. Finally, you took a look.

[y/n]...?

Are you okay?

I've heard what happened

Please, answer me

[y/n]?

Look, I'm sorry

I really am

I didn't mean to hurt you

I thought that it'll be better this way

Now I know it is not and, trust me, if I could turn back time I would

I wouldn't make this mistake again

Please

Text back

I need to know you're okay

I know you're strong, but I need to make sure

[y/n]?

I'm really sorry

Please

Are you hurt a lot?

Please, [y/n], answer

He was texting. He really seemed to care. You decided to answer, you didn't want him to stay this way. So worried and not sure if you're still alive.

I'm fine

Oh thank God

I'm sorry

I'm so so sorry

It's fine

You didn't mean to

It's all my fault

I'm so sorry

Ben, I'm forgiving you right now, so calm down

Everything's all right

But what if it wouldn't be okay?

It would all be on me

But it is okay and it's not on you

It is

Ben, look, it's fine

I'll just get some rest and they will let me out from the hospital this morning

Get some sleep then

And I'm sorry again

It's fine

Good night

Good night, get better soon

Well, that went quick. Looks like he really regrets that he blocked you. He seemed so worried, you just couldn't shout at him. Actually, even if you'd want to it wouldn't be easy since he kept on telling that it's his fault and used almost everything you could've said to blame him. It was some sort of a smart move, even if he wasn't saying this on purpose. Looks like you've forgiven him if you can even call it forgiving since it wasn't only his fault. Car driver could've driven more carefully, people on a sidewalk could've stopped you, and also you yourself could've reacted more calmly. Ben sure didn't mean for you to get hurt.

THE END OF CHAPTER 14!

Yea, I've changed my mind and took a small break so now everything turns out okay for characters and it looks like there are no big consequences for their small argument. I'm sorry for making you all wait for this chapter so long, but now I'll try to write more.

See you in the next chapter!