Chapter #06 - Art

[y/n]'s POV.

You felt better next day so you had to go to school. You walked in and had no idea what to do since you couldn't see any of your friends around. Finally you sat somewhere and took out notebook in which you was testing' draw something' advice from Ben yesterday. You looked inside and took a closer look at every single drawing. You sighted and felt like all your drawings should be in trash. However notebook was cheap, so it'll probably fall apart if you'll rip page off. So you're stuck with them. You sighted again and took pencil to your hand.

"It's time to draw despite the fact that I can't." you said quietly and tried to draw something. Cat - trash. Dog -, trash. Hand - trash. Kid - trash. Everything you tried to draw was looking terrible. No wonder you wasn't drawing too much before. Then you tried to draw scarlet spider. Biggest mistake ever. He looked terrible. Then someone poked your arm. You turned around expecting to see one of your friends, or at least classmates. Instead there was kid you, well... You don't know this girl.

She had smile on her face as she looked at you. It would be nice if you ever talked to her earlier. "Hi [y/n]." she said. So she knows your name? It would be nice if you knew hers. "Hi." you said. She looked over your shoulder to see your drawing. "Can you tell me how do you draw like this? Your drawings are amazing!" she said. "...Really?" you asked afraid that she is about to laugh at your drawings. "Yes! How do you do this? Can I see?" she asked. You slowly handed her your notebook. She looked at drawings you made. She opened her eyes wider.

"These are all beautiful! My drawings are very ugly, my classmates draw better then me, but you? You draw better than anyone in this school!" she said. "I... My drawings are ugly, what are you talking about?" "They're beautiful! Can you teach me?" she asked. Then other kid got closer and put hand in girl's shoulder. "Diana, you're disturbing her. Let her do what she is able to do better then we. Let her draw." and kid pulled girl away. You looked after them in confusion. Were they both kidding? Your drawings are trash. Aren't they?

To make sure you was asking your friends when you found them, but they all were sure that those drawings were perfect and it was hard for them to believe they you can be able to doubt that. You stopped drawing because you didn't want more random kids to come over to you. It was uncomfortable sytuation after all. When school finished you got back to home and sat on your bed with notebook over your legs. You looked at each drawing again. Still trash. Then you got idea.

'What if they all said that drawings look nice only because they like me and they don't wanna be mean?' you thought 'But those random kids... I wasn't even asking on they're opinion, so they were being honest. Right?' you kept thinking. Finally you thought about solution of your problem. Even if whole school would make a deal to tell you that your drawings are good, there's no way they would contact Ben. You'll just ask him. But then you realized that he likes you, so he'll be nice and won't tell you everything. Another idea flashed through your mind. After a moment you texted him.

Hi

Hi, what's up?

I'm good

But there's this issue that I have this 'popular' girl

And I was drawing in school

So she looked at my drawing and said that it's awful

And she made one on her own and gave it to me

Can you rate it?

Sure

Send picture

On it

[your drawing]