Chapter #15 - Reunion

When you woke up it took you a short while to remember where are you, the hospital, and why are you there, the accident, if it can be called that way. You took your phone from the bedside table and checked the time. It was 8 am so you just put it back and lied in bed waiting for something to happen. Because, honestly, what were you to do? There was nothing in the room to keep your mind occupied and you were too rested to fall back asleep. You tried anyway, so you closed your eyes. Finally, you've heard someone entering your room so you automatically sat up. You saw a doctor along with your parents.

"Did we wake up?" he asked. "No, I was no longer asleep." you answered and he nodded. "If that's so, I'm glad. We've finished checking up on you and we think you can go home, so we called your parents to pick you up." the Doctor explained. "Finished checking up? When?" you asked. "All that was left to do was analyzing scans we made after you got here yesterday." "Oh, okay. I really can go?" you've made sure. "Yes, that's why your parents are there." he answered and you got out of bed.

Your parents gave you your clothes and you went to the bathroom to change them, you wouldn't feel comfortable doing it in that room. When you were wearing your clothes you got back to the room in which your parents were waiting. You looked through the window for a second and you could swear you saw someone, but within a blink, this person was already gone. You stared at the window for some time, but then your dad got your attention. "Ready to go home?" he asked all of sudden. "Huh? Yeah, sure." you said and followed them.

Your dad was driving and your mum was sitting next to you, at the back of the car. "Are you sure you feel okay?" she asked you, not the first time since you've left the hospital. "Yes, mum, I'm sure." you answered in a bored tone. "If you start feeling dizzy or weak or anything unusual, tell me or your dad and we'll drive you straight back to the hospital." she said. "Mum, it's not a big deal, I'm fine." "[y/n], you were hit by a CAR! That is a big deal!" she suddenly snapped. You just stared at her quite shocked, she was usually a calm person. Caring and calm.

"Don't worry, [y/n], your mum is just very tired, I'm not sure if she got any sleep at all." your dad explained and you looked at her. "I'm sorry, it's the truth. I was just too worried about my little girl." she excused herself and you nodded in understanding. "All right girls, I'll drop you off next to home and then ride straight to my work. Hopefully, I won't be late." your dad said. "What about you, mum?" you asked. "I took a day off to make sure you're okay." she said. "That's nice of you." you said looking through the window. Your mum fell asleep when you got home and you just stayed in your room, drawing. That was the only thing you could've thought about to keep your mind occupied from yesterday's events.

later

"You're joking, right?" you asked your friend on the phone. "I wish. Sorry [y/n]." she answered and you sighed. You just couldn't believe your maths teacher decided to bring up a new topic the same day you couldn't get to school. "All right, thank you anyway, Sarah." you said and hung up. All right, that's only one exercise, you'll be good. It took your whole class one lesson, but you'll be good. You made all other homework and got down to maths. You'll be good.

It took you 5 minutes to realize that you won't be good. What was this thing even about? It was just impossible to count it! No wonder why your entire class and the teacher needed one lesson to solve it. You tried to look for answers at the end of the book, but there was nothing about it. You didn't want to bother your mum, knowing she wasn't the best with math either. It was your dad who was always helping with it. Just when you were reading how you were supposed to solve this for the 6th time still not understanding most of the words, your phone moved. You took it and saw that Ben had texted you.

Hi, how do u feel?

The message was saying.

I'm fine I guess.