Chapter #19 - A few bad guys less

Ben's POV

3 am. I'm still awake. I'm still trying to figure the stuff out. The frightful 4 has been quiet for months. The rumors even said that they quitted, but now? They're back, and their "awesome return" is an attack on a school? On a couple of kids? What's the point? Shouldn't they be robbing a bank for money? Villains attack places like schools to gain respect, scare civilians and lure the heroes out. To get the money they need to attack a bank or something. So after all this time, they have money? Where did they get them from? It looked like they also had new weapons, that means someone sponsors them. And THAT means that there's some rich villain that wants the city to be in chaos. Now, who? Who put innocent kids, including [y/n], in danger? Whoever it is, they'll pay.

A sudden knock on my door made me flinch. "It's open." I said and it opened, reliving Peter. "Why aren't you asleep, Ben? Do you know what time is it?" "Yeah, 3 am. I am still working on something." I explained. He suddenly got way more excited. "Really? What are we doing, then?" "I am. You're going to your room and going to sleep." "No, I'm not? I'll help you, just tell me what to do." "Go to your room and go to sleep. It'll be way more helpful than distracting me." "Fine. But if you need something then come over to my room." he said and left.

I finally figured that someone hired the frightful 4, but there was no evidence that would lead me to the one who did it. Unless I'd do something such stupid that even Peter wouldn't approve. But I don't see any other way, so I guess I'm doing this.

I quietly snuck out from my room and went to the prison part of the Triskelion. Shield bots let me in without hesitation, and so I started going between all the cells. Luckily most of the prisoners were already asleep or didn't notice me, otherwise, it might get a little harder than it already is. Finally, I reached the cell in which we kept Trapster in. He was asleep, so I lightly banged at the wall. He jumped out of bed and it took him some time to figure out where was he. Then he sighed and glared at me.

"What do you want?" he asked and I finished panning in my head. "Look, I've heard you were the wisest in your group, so I come in to make an offer. I will let you out as soon as you tell me who hired you and where this person is." I offered. The man smiled. Did he really believe me? "Will you let out just me, or also my team?" "Just you, and this is a one time offer, so you better make your mind up fast." "Fine. I won't tell you who, but I'll tell you where is he. Unless you agree to let out all of us." "Where?" "Okay, he has his secret base under the Brooklyn Bridge." "Very well. I don't know if you're lying, but I'll let you out as soon as it turns out to be the truth." I said and left.

On my way out I went to Peter's room and asked him to come with me as long as he doesn't ask me how did I found out. He agreed and soon enough we both were on the Brooklyn Bridge, looking for an entrance. Just when we were about to give up, we saw someone in a long coat walk out of nowhere. It seemed kinda specious, but it wasn't enough to attack some random guy on the sidewalk.

"I have an idea." Peter said "You'll take off your suit and pat him in the shoulder to see his face. I'll have you covered." "And why is it me who takes off the suit?" "Because I look like a nice kid and your scar makes you look like a kind of guy that would wander outside around at 4 am." "Are you... Is it really the ONLY reason?" "Hurry up before he goes away!" he said and with a sigh, I pulled off my suit, under which I had some normal clothes. Luckily.

A moment later I patted that man on the shoulder. "Excuse me, do you know the nearest bar that isn't closed now?" I asked the first question I could think of. The man turned around and as soon as he saw my face he started running. Peter started chasing him and I ran into an alley and a moment later swung after them. "Who's that?!" Peter asked me when I caught up to him. "That's Ock!" I growled and shot a web at his foot to stop him. He threw the coat off and relived his tentacles.

We started fighting and he wasn't doing good against two spiders, even if one of them was in the middle of sleeping when got woke up to come and help. The moment when Ock took his eyes off of me was his final mistake, which caused him getting hit in the back of his head pretty hard. Once he was on the ground I didn't want him getting up, so I started hitting him in the face a few times before Peter caught my hand.

"Scarlet, that's enough! Can't you see he's out cold?" he said and I realized he was unconscious. "Good. I don't want him causing any more trouble." I said and webbed him up "I'll take him to Triskelion and make sure he gets a cell for himself." "Cool, and I'll go back to bed." Peter said and we headed back. It wasn't long until Ock got thrown into the deepest cell we had and I headed back. On my way out I found Trapster leaning on his cell door.

"Aaaand? I wasn't lying." he said. "And so?" "And so you should let me out now." "I can't believe you really trusted me enough to tell me. No wonder you get caught this easily." I said and left. He started banging on the door, but other prisoners started shouting to him to keep it down. I was even lucky enough to get a few hours of sleep before it was morning. Then, I decided to tell [y/n] that her school nor any other is no longer in danger.

Hi

I'm not texting too soon, am I?

No, it's fine

How are you

Pretty tired after what happened last night

That's also why I'm texting.

What happened?

Do you remember what happened yesterday at your school?

Villains and stuff?

It's hard to forget

I'm sorry t hear that

Anyway, I took care of the guy that paid them

They were paid???

That's no longer a problem

All of them are in jail

Well, thank you for letting me know

Btw, why didn't you text lately?

I just figured you're mad at me

Why would I?

Wait, you're talking about when you blocked me and told Ben to do the same?

Yep

I'm no longer mad

I smiled. I had a lot of work to do today, but at least she forgave me. It was terrible, thinking she liked half of me and hated the ther half. Sometimes double identity is terrible, but it's in the past, isn't it?

THE END OF CHAPTER #19!

[copied from my profile]

"Hello everyone and I'm sorry for not posting ANYTHING in a long time. Unluckily for most of you, I kinda got bored with Ultimate Spider-Man, and now I'm way more into The Walking Dead, so that's what I'm going to write stories about. And so, most of my stories are going to end up soon. I won't leave most of them unfinished, I'll do my best to take them to some point where there will be no questions left. That doesn't mean there will be no Spider-Man at all, there will be just less of it. Thank you all for being with me until now and I'm really sorry I'm leaving like this."

And so I'll post one more chapter after this one and this book is done. Sorry for all people that enjoyed it, but I don't want to write it when I no longer feel the characters. It was fun writing it, though, and I think it helped me to develop. 

See you in the next, last, chapter!