Three: Excuses

A/N: This part of the story has been edited once, sorry earlier readers.

Your Pov:

     Facing the fact that knowing Tord is a different person I couldn't sleep at all that night. Thoughts exited in and out of my head about him.. what did he look like without an eye patch, was he as gentle and not as mean as Edd described, was he a good kisser? 

Wait good kisser?!

     I sit up pulling on my covers uncomfortably, feeling blush spread across my face in the dark I now called a room. What was this..? Why was I feeling like this? Especially since he's my leader.. he could be like ten times my age.... but he wasn't. He didn't have any stress barriers shown physically, he seemed very fit actually. Muscular probably.. and his facial key was precious. I knew he couldn't be that much older than me.. maybe two years? I shake my head at the thoughts, holding my pounding head and my pounding heart.

Tord's Pov:

     I couldn't stop thinking about Y/N's dreading waterfall like eyes. They haunted me, making my heart pound harder against my chest. I had tried distracting myself with paper work, then conversation with Paul and Patryk but nothing worked and I still thought about her. In fact I was so distracted that I hadn't noticed Edd was standing in the doorway of my office, watching.. possibly even studying me. "Come in Edd.." I groaned, sitting upright in my chair. He comes in, his boots tapping against the ground. I make sure to watch him carefully, trying to see how he moves and feels through his body language. And he, alike to me, was doing the same. His squinting was explaining it all. "Tord... I think you should know something--"

"Edd I think you should too.."

     Silence filled the room, both of us seeming to almost be anxious to hear one another's explanations for earlier. I cough, clearing my throat up to hear and allow Edd to speak up and tell me his unsaid words. Edd takes a seat in front of me, his eyes narrowing at me, still focusing on reading me. "Go ahead.." I say, pouring us a red wine found beneath my cabinet. "I know that face, you have something to say." I chuckle as I take my glass sipping at the red, almost maroon, liquid inside of it. "You care about her don't you?" Edd begins, a smile gripping onto his face as he twirls the glass with his fingers. I glare at him, defensively grumbling, "How did you know?" Edd laughs louder this time and I finally let loose with a smirk on my face, knowing that I could talk to him about this. It had been a long time since I had actually felt a connection towards somebody like this, it made me think about how excited I was getting my first kiss and telling Edd about it. We were only sixteen at the time, and he convinced me to get to second base. And so going fourth I did and our relationship lasted for quite a while, her name was Amy. Amy was only a year younger than I was, but she was the light of my life. Apart of the reason why I find myself placed in this army camp as a harsh leader. The night we broke up she told me to "Get a life and to grow up and become a man" so I did, learning my own step by step process without my father, who I had never had. And Edd was right there, besides me. Helping me along the way through the heartbroken stage I was in.

     "Well.. Yes but I can't Edd", I say getting ready to pour myself another glass to cope with my inconvenience. Edd shakes his head sadly and grabs onto my arm stopping me, "Buddy... she isn't some Amy waiting for you." I look back up to him, emotion filling his brown eyes. I scoff and pull away from him, angry that he would actually think that any girl of interest is Amy for me. "I never said she was going to be an Amy Edd." Edd sighs, an annoying sigh he always does before he goes off about proving his point. "That's not what I said Tord.. but you need to try your best to not treat her like Amy." I growl at him and cross my leg over one. I knew he had a point, but I wasn't going to show him he was right either and without thinking I spoke allowed, "I wouldn't treat her like Amy.. Y/N is too.. too tiny and petite. I couldn't just grab her up and--" I stop covering my mouth as Edd's eyes widen. His smile turning into an 'O'. I blush finally, stuttering as I grab the whole wine bottle, about to drink it down. Edd stops me again, "Tord.. it's not bad that you have feelings for her. Now be a man and say goodnight to her or something.."