Prologue

Warm, south European wind danced playfully across the sea, waves appearing on the calm surface. Water splashed the sides of an old ship, as if playing with it. The moon only watched from above, side-by-side with its shiny friends. The quiet scenery was peaceful, so peaceful it scared an Italian boy a bit too much as the heated rush of air ran up his face and through his hair, sending a chilly shiver down his spine.

He arched his back off of the wooden surface of the ship as he sighed into the silent night, feeling more alive than ever before. Just one year ago, he found himself in the merciless arms of ocean. Just one year ago and a half, he didn't know if he'd see the sunrise of another day. And now, he was free to do anything and everything he pleased.

Like right now; just laying sleeplessly on wood which scent shouted open sea without anyone interrupting his time. Sure, when they sent the anchor to the distant bottom and night fell, he was invited by others to go and have a drink with them on a Spanish island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. He, with a higher amount of intelligence (and shorter amount of age) than them, declined and stayed behind.

It was like a reward to him, this calmness of a night. He's been through a lot and something in him was telling him the real thing would just come around. His decision of going to the Old continent gave them and the ship a hard time. Since the waters near Arabia were occupied by fellows like they were themselves, it was a question of power, and at some point of luck, to get through.

He outstretched one of his arms, freeing it from the heaviness of his head, a bracelet from rough leather decorating his wrist. His eyes sharpened, sparkling dangerously; it was also the time from when blood of a victim lingered on the shiny blade of his sword. It didn't hit him right away, the empty darkness of an older man's eyes as his body hit the deck, but few days later, the same man haunted him in his dreams.

Yet, he managed to get through those nightmare-filled nights with the help of a certain Spaniard who could take it off of his mind even if for a few hours, minutes, for the adolescent to regain some energy for the upcoming day. The week nights were filled with soft words being whispered into his ear, soothing touches tracing down his body in order to take away some of the invisible pain. He blamed his weakness after his mind calmed down for letting the older man do such things but one thing he kept as a secret was the welcoming, blooming feeling in his chest when he was, oh so kind to him, stealing pecks not only on his lips but also other parts of his body. However, he kept himself at bay and didn't take advantage of the pitiful state the Italian was in.

Once that period of time was over, the hazel-eyed male put on his stern look again under which no-one could see. He kept his distance from the Spaniard as days and nights turned into months. Yes, part of him wanted those restless hours back, when he was not afraid and ashamed to curl up into a small, trembling ball and press against the moving, large chest of another person next to him. Nonetheless, he knew the danger of others finding out and killing them with disgust for they sought comfort in another man.

Even thought he'd never say it out, he hated that they were slowly but surely growing distant to each other, being only few meters from the other one every day and night. After all those things he experienced with the Spanish captain...He shook his head at that, sitting up, the slightest hint of blush crossing his cheeks. He shan't think like that! He forbid himself and took a sharp, deep breath before looking at the dark, endless sky again.

As he watched the many stars hanging above him, the air resting deep inside of him rushed out in a gasp of realization. They were on the grounds of Europe – the centre of everything, even hate for...different people. Evil; possessed by Satan as other, "normal" people called them.

Him.

He shook his head again; he wasn't like that...was he? It must've been just a phase he was going through, a little game of experiment made up by his hormones, nothing else. He let himself fall backwards on the hard wood, his head hitting it with great force. Why was he thinking about such things now? Why in general?

He had to stop letting his mind wander off; he should think about his future, not to get caught and killed. And meet his brother safely. If only he really did have a brother, for that matter. There was a high chance of the Portuguese lying to him all those months ago. He let out a heavy sigh; if the man really lied to him, his decision just put everyone into dead danger, letting him being fooled by an asshole.

But if not...

The uprising flow of his thoughts was interrupted by his heaving eyelids. He let the midnight air rush through his veins as he closed his eyes, arms crossing behind his head. Again, his mind was overtaken by the peaceful atmosphere and warm wind around him, breeze caressing his cheeks. He felt his head getting dizzy from tiredness that this day brought and he let himself fall into the deep waters of sleep.

He was slowly nearing the bottom of the sea he has known as sleep, when he felt himself being picked up from the hard ground, pressing against a warm, well-build wall. The boy was torn from the quiet phase when he was about to drown in sleep, eyes opening to see the person whose head would be bitten off by him. Yet, when he was welcomed by the sight of a pair of shinning green eyes in the darkness of a well-known cabin, he could not help himself (and he blamed his sleep-soaked mind for doing so) but twist one of his hands into the man's shirt, receiving all of his attention, and pushed himself up to seal their lips in one.

He felt the lips of the other curl up into a smile before pulling away and placing a kiss on the crown of the Italian's head. Then, the said boy softly shut his eyes again, letting sleep overtake him completely as his heart throbbed in his chest because maybe, just maybe, his worries would disappear by the end of the night.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– 

Hello, everyone! :3 

How are you? I hope you're doing good. Here I am again, with another story....after, basically, 6 months. Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh. 

My thoughts on this; shitty, terrible, pointless but the first volume needs a follow-up and I tried my best to find time and write something. It's....just..horrible, so horrible I might take it down. But here we are! 

I'm not all that certain I'll be able to upload a new chapter each Friday/week but I'll try my best and write as much as possible now that I have time. However, it all depends on you, dear reader, if you like it and will read it. 

Haha...now, that's basically it. I hope you liked it nonetheless. Leave a comment to let me know your thoughts, a vote is welcomed, too. 

Seriouslly, I'm a horrible person; can't do anything. So fricking useless, worthless, can't even do something properly, something I was good at before. 

S O R R Y, forgive me...please...I'm sincerly sorry. 

Have a nice day/night, love you! <3 

- Boora-chan