Chapter 29: Real past

((A/N Hiya! I know It's been a while since I posted a chapter and that's been happening a lot recently and I am soooo sorry bout that, I've just been busy with school that I haven't really had time to post buuut hopefully I'll be able to post more often this week! Also if your not really down with child abuse then judging by the picture...You should probably not read this chapter *whispers* and for all of you that didn't know, yes that is Chara. Anyways cya!))

(Chara's p.o.v)

I walked over to Amber and sat next to her, "So how old are you?" she started counting with her fingers "Dunno, all I know is I'm seven years younger than you." I sat for a while a bit puzzled but also calculating how old she is in my head, "That means your twelve?"

"Guess so." she sighed, then looked at the ceiling "Do you really not remember anything?" I shook my head no "Not really sorry." I rubbed the back of my neck, "Guess you must've hit your head pretty hard then, because Chara isn't even your real name." I looked at Asriel and he turned in the other direction, I quickly turned my attention back to Amber "Then what is it?!"

"Your real name is Calvin Rodriguez."

-Flashback-

"Hey Calvin!" a little girl called, I turned in her direction, "What is it Amber?" she smiled and said "Let's play!" I smiled but shook my head no, "You know you can't go outside because it's dangerous, your only three." Amber pouted "But I wanna play. You can play and your only ten."
"I know, I know. But we can't right now okay?" she nodded and sat on my lap while I drew.

A few hours later two people stormed into the house, causing Amber to instantly wake up and me prepared to be beaten, "Calvin!" I sighed "Yes mother?"
"Get your ass in here!" I picked up Amber and sat her on the chair then went into the kitchen, a lady in a black T-shirt and blue jeans walked over to me, "Why aren't you wearing your bandages demon child!" I flinched when she raised her hand, "Because we were inside, I didn't think much of it mom." she slapped me, a res hand print left on my face.

"I told you to address us formally!" I nodded "Sorry mother." Amber stumbled into the kitchen and my eyes widen, "Amber go back and sit down-" I was interrupted by my father punching my in the jaw, I almost fell but he grabbed me by my shirt.

"Don't tell her what to do!" my father yelled "Come here Amber." she started shaking but did as told and walked over to our mother and she slapped her, Amber fell back rubbing her cheek and trying to hold back tears knowing if she cried she'd get slapped again. I got angry and balled my fists,

"Do we have a problem Calvin?" he asked, I looked at the ground for a while then up at him with a twisted smile "Yes we do." I punched him in the gut causing him to drop me, then slammed his head into the stove and turned it on. He screamed while I pressed his head against it "Amber cover your eyes!" she did as I said and out her hands over her eyes.

My mother tried to get me off him and I spun kicked her to the floor, she grabbed my leg and pulled it making me fall hitting my head on my floor. My mother pinned me down her knee on my back, I struggled to get free and my father stood up a massive burn on his face. I knew I was screwed, he picked me up and put my over his shoulder and carried me downstairs into the basement.

"No! Stop! Put me down! I'm sorry! Please!" he put me in a chair and tied me to it then grabbed a whip and started beating me, I screamed in agony as he kept beating. The whip left deep scars in my back, chest, and arms he didn't really seem to care though.

(Amber's p.o.v)

I heard Calvin's screams and I put my hands over my ears and sat on my bed, it got to the point were I couldn't take it anymore, I ran to his room and grabbed his bandages then headed towards the basement.

When I got down there Calvin let his head fall, resulting in his hair covering his face, he was tied to a chair with his hands behind his back. And father stood in front off him about to hit again when I yelled "Hey father would you stop beating Calvin if he had his bandages?" Calvin's head shot up at the sound of my voice, he looked worriedly between me and father.

Father looked at me then at Calvin who seemed to be breathing heavily, "Fine, but only this time. Now hurry up and get those damn bandages over you eyes!" father dropped the whip and walked up stairs, I quickly ran over to Calvin and untied him handing him his bandages, Calvin sadly smiled at me and ruffled by hair "Thanks butt-butt." I laughed and walked up stairs with him.

-flashback ended-

I looked at Calvin and judging by his face he remembered something but it didn't look like it was pleasant, "So Calvin really is my name?" I nodded and he ruffled my hair like he used to, "Well it's good to see your okay after all these years butt-butt." he smiled and I giggled a bit, "I'll be upstairs if anyone needs me." Calvin got up and started walking upstairs, "Oh and Cal!" I called for him and he stopped "When mom and dad weren't home you'd go outside and be with some girl, I don't remember her name but she was around your age I think."

He nodded and kept going upstairs and I went into the kitchen to talk to Frisk, "How has Calvin been? I haven't seen him since that day he fell down Mt. Ebott." she sighed, "Well as long as I've known Chara- er Calvin he's always been secretive, even when we started dating he barely ever told me anything. Then one day..." she stopped and started shaking, "I woke up he wasn't there, I asked around and nobody really seemed to know where he was, then the castle started shaking,"

"It's like a wave of realization fell over me and I ran to the barrier, the door was locked shut and nobody could get in. Luckily I had a friend with teleportation abilities and when I walked in Calvin laid on the floor...Dying..." I gasped and shook my head, "No there's no way, Calvin never looses a fight!"

"I thought so too, and in the end I didn't show it but I went through depression for a whole year. I felt like if I had somehow gotten there sooner I could've helped," the only thing that she was hinting but didn't tell me was that Calvin died, it wasn't really hard for me to figure out.

"If he died then how is he here?" she took a deep breath trying to calm her shaking, "Asriel and I managed to make a soul for him, that's really the only reason he's here. But I promised myself that nothing like that would ever happen again." I nodded "Well then I guess I'll help you."

Frisk looked at me and raised her eyebrow, "What- wait no, I couldn't ask you to do that."
"He's my brother ya know, besides I know more about him than you do." I heard her mumble something but it wasn't quite clear so I ignored it.

((A/N ooooh talk about drama, also who do you guys think the girl is Calvin knew when he was younger?))