Moving Out

“Min, come home early tonight—around 7, I have a surprise for you!” Yoongi exclaimed over the phone. Jimin scrunched his eyebrows, knitting them together, but complied anyway.

As Yoongi ended the phone call, he looked over the kitchen island. A set of ingredients for pasta was laid on the marble counter. A sense of nervousness mixed with excitement bubbled in Yoongi's stomach. He was never the world's greatest chef, only able to produce fried food and pancakes, but with Kim Seokjin, he had hope in his system; hope that the night would end with a happy couple and safe stomachs.

That night, he was about to break huge news to Jimin. With Christmas approaching rather quickly, he thought it was the perfect time to tell Jimin he had bought him a gift.

A set of keys for a new apartment.

Yoongi thought of Jimin's reaction. The younger never told him, but he knew that he wasn't the happiest to live in their small and cramped apartment. Though Yoongi will have to drive his car for a short period everyday to get to work, it never bothered nor will bother him. Fortunately, the flat he picked was near Jimin's work place. He had managed to let the younger quit his job at the gift shop, to his relief and Jimin's convenience.

While he thought of how the future events were about to unfold, he heard the ring of the doorbell. He left the kitchen island and scurried towards the front door, meeting an expected guest.

“Hyung!”

He smiled as he greeted Seokjin. The male was horribly good in cooking, making him Yoongi's best helper.

“Hey Yoongi! What are we whipping up for tonight?” Jin asked, letting himself inside the household. Yoongi was smiling ear to ear as he closed the door, already rambling on about his plan.

After finishing his words, Seokjin couldn't stop from gushing over the male's sweetness. Yoongi wasn't the most affectionate person on the planet, but once he showed genuine affection, no heart would fail to be swoon.

“What time is it anyway?” asked Yoongi, washing his hands as he thought of prepping immediately.

“It's around five. I think that's enough time for a good ol' fashioned stake, right?” asked Seokjin, analyzing the ingredients on the counter. Yoongi smiled for the millionth time that day, his cheeks starting to ache.

Two hours seemed like a bliss for Jin and Yoongi. Before they knew it, the small apartment turned into a ethereal place: dim lights and a candle being the only sources of light in the flat, a candle-lit dinner was ready to be eaten, and soft romantic music was playing.

Everything was perfect.

“I'll be going now, good luck my man!” the elder said, giving Yoongi a rather harsh pat on the shoulder. The younger made a small groan before delivering his gratitude and leading the male towards the front door.

Yoongi was very, very nervous. He was only telling Jimin he got them a new flat, but he was so anxious.

For him, moving in, officially as a couple was way different from when they moved in as roommates. Now, they had feelings involved, feelings so deeply invested in each other that Yoongi already thought of making their next big step.

Before he could even check everything for the nth time, he heard the doorbell ring, signalling the arrival of Jimin. Yoongi got the bouquet of flowers he got for his boyfriend and walked straight to the front door.

“Yoongs, why are the lights o—— oh.”

Jimin was surprised as he was handed the bouquet of white and red roses. Yoongi, still nervous, moved to give Jimin some space. The younger was still taking in the apartment's image. There were petals scattered on the floor and everything was so romantic.

Yoongi took Jimin by the hand, guiding him towards their candle-lit dinner. Before that, he let Jimin take off his shoes and work bag.

“Steak? What's going on babe?” Jimin asked, sitting down. He felt touched by the effort Yoongi made. Nobody, and he meant nobody, has ever done something like that for him.

“Let's eat first, shall we?”

Jimin nodded, grabbing his dinner utensils and munching on the food.

The dinner went good, the food was great and they were able to talk about each other's day. But before Jimin even had the chance to stand up and call it a day, Yoongi already told him the big news.

“Baby, I . . . got us an apartment.”

That made Jimin's eyes widen. He looked at his boyfriend in disbelief, the news still not sinking in.

“A-a what?”

Yoongi's shaking hands fumbled his pockets for a bulge. Once he felt it, he fished it out, the sound of keys clanking against each other occupying the room.

“An apartment. I just think that it's a great time for this. I know things might seem a bit too fast-paced and all but I just re——”

Before he could even finish his words, Jimin already leaned in and pulled his shirt for a kiss.

Yoongi, out of instinct, immediately leaned in too, hand softly placed on Jimin's cheek. The kiss was soft and slow, filled with passion and love, and both of the men lived for it.

“Babe, this is so much. Thank you for doing this, I-I'm really thankful.”

“Anything for you baby. You know that I love you, right?”

“I know, I know. And do remember that I absolutely love you too.”

-

aAaah THEY'RE MOVING IN FR!!

sksksk the chapter title is sooo cute for me bc i had an earlier chapter named 'moving in'.

thank you all for nearly 40k! i really waited for the book to reach it before i updated but decided to fuck it and updated.

again, if u liked this chapter, leave a vote&comment!❤