Sudden Meeting

"Jimin, b-baby, how are you?" the voice from the other line croaked. Jimin felt his breath hitch as his eyes remained wide. He thought Taehyung pulled off a not so amusing prank, but he knew his mother's voice.

"I-I'm good, Mom. How'd you meet Taehyung?" he squeaked, holding onto the kitchen sink as his heart thumped furiously. He hasn't talked to his mother for over two years now, not once hearing from her after his father kicked him out. So to hear her, with his best friend at that, was something Jimin deemed fictious.

"I'll explain everything, son. But please, can we meet up?" his mother asked, the fear of rejection in her voice. Jimin opened his mouth just to close it again afterwards, his throat turning dry.

There was silence as the seconds passed by, deafening and internally killing the mother and child. Jimin was reluctant to answer, remembering every insult that was thrown at him. All the hurt, homophobia, and mistreatment. Everything. He remembered it all. He heaved a breath and closed his eyes, biting hard on his lip before answering.

"I'll text Taehyung," he answered weakly. His mother couldn't say anything, only said she understood and bid him goodbye. The male only muttered a quick 'bye' before hanging up.

The silver-haired male sat down on a chair, knees feeling weak. He stayed quiet, letting the situation sink in.

His mother talked to him after two years and wanted to meet up with him in person. His mother.

As he stared at the wall—into nothingness, really, he didn't notice the entrance of Yoongi in the kitchen. The older looked at him as he dried his hair with a towel, confused at the younger's state.

"Babe?" Yoongi called, tapping Jimin on the shoulder. The boy flinched, looking up at Yoongi with his doll eyes. The ravenette grew concerned, seeing his darling's eyes glisten with tears. Before he could even ask, Jimin stood up and threw his arms around him, sobbing as he hid his face in the crevice of Yoongi's neck.

"Oh Jimin, what happened down here?" Yoongi asked, soothing the younger. His eyebrows furrowed as he continued to calm Jimin down, remaining clueless. But he let him stay quiet, his priority to be the male's shoulder to cry on, (literally).

After a few moments, when Jimin's loud cries had simmered down into occasional hiccups and sniffles, Yoongi pulled away from their position, heart aching as he saw the younger's tear-stained cheeks.

"What happened little one?" Yoongi gently asked, giving Jimin's forehead a kiss afterwards.

"M-Mom, she called m-me," he hiccuped, looking at Yoongi as he felt like crying all over again.

"Your mother?" Yoongi asked, eyes turning bigger. Jimin nodded, lips quivering.

"Please don't cry anymore, cheesecake. What did she tell you, hm?" Yoongi questioned further, leading Jimin to their couch. As he sat, Jimin went straight on his lap, clinging onto him like a koala.

"She wants me to meet up with her and talk," Jimin mumbled, hugging Yoongi again. The older wrapped his arms on the small of the younger's waist, kissing Jimin's cheek before holding him tight.

"What did you tell her?" the ravenette asked. Jimin then talked, saying everything that happened a little while ago. Yoongi hummed from time to time, being patient with his boyfriend the whole while. Once the silver-haired boy finished speaking, he looked at Yoongi in the eye and pecked him on the lips.

"What was that for?" Yoongi asked, smiling softly at Jimin.

"For being a really good listener," the younger mumbled. Yoongi chuckled softly and gave him a kiss on the cheek.