30| Would you?

Hyunjin's POV

Milkshakes are delicious and all but enjoying it at a moment like this could be hard. After our drink me and Mai went for a walk but the nerves were hitting me like a train.

Not only the nerves of our conversation about her suicide attempt.

No, not only that, but fear.

The fear.

As we walked to the nearest park, I couldn't focus on what Mai was telling. Being the cringe old-fashioned me I was just staring at her. Every word she said I hadn't heard the only thing I heard was that soft voice in my head telling me it was time and shit it was making me nervous.

"Mai." I said as I took her hand and sat us down on the nearby park bench. The park was empty, no soul besides ours. "Sorry for interrupting but I have to ask you something important."

The fear of rejection.

"Go ahead." She said with curiosity, raising an eyebrow.

"We have known each other for quite some time now and both of us know that the things going on between us is definitely more then friendship and to be honest I like you. A lot. And maybe we can take this to another level. Make this, us, official." I said as I scratched my neck.

Please say yes.

"Mai Holland, what do you say about maybe, kinda being my girlfriend. At least if you want to, we don't have to rush."

I said it. Yup, I did that. But why was she silent? Why didn't she answer?

We just stared at each other and it was kind of getting weird. This silence was making me uncomfortable and it wasn't making my anxiety of the moment any less.

My eyes trailed to her lips, not gonna lie but I could definitely see the same thing going on with her as her eyes slowly moved to my lips but quickly shot back up to my eyes, staring deeply at them.

For a split second both of us moved a bit forward, but she stopped and hesitated a bit before looking back in my eyes.

"fuck it." She whispered while breathing out.

And without any notice, she grabbed my neck and pulled me closer to her, placing her lips on mine. At first I didn't know how to react but soon I synchronised with her movements, closing my eyes and moving my lips on her's feeling the soft, warm touch of them against mine.

I placed my hands around her waist pulling her closer to me to make it easier for both of us to deepen the kiss, gasping for air in between.

Slowly our lips detached as we breathed heavily. "Does that mean yes?" I asked obviously knowing the answer to that question.

"Yes you dummy." She said while chuckling. "I like you too. A lot."

My heart is beating like crazy.

"I thought you wanted your first kiss to be special?" I said a bit jokingly.

"I couldn't have imagined it any different or any better."

She has so much effect on me, it's making me go crazy.