21| Moody

(Friday November 30)

Mai's POV

Today Felix and I decided that we would study together. And of course Hyunjin wouldn't join. He had been acting strange. I tried to push all those thoughts aside but it just bothered me more and more.

He doesn't talk to me like he used to, he is quite rude to me, he ignores me all the time and he doesn't look at me. It's not that I'm asking for his attention but it's just that he has been acting strange.

We got closer to each other and all of a sudden he just, changed. It makes me think that I did something wrong even though I hadn't done anything.

"You alright?" Felix said as he came back with snacks into his room.

He seated himself next to me on the ground against his bed with the papers in front of us.

"Yeah, sorry let's start." I said after Felix snapped me back into reality.

But concentration was not with me today. I kept getting distracted and couldn't focus on what we had to study. Nothing would get inside my head and all because I couldn't stop thinking about Hyunjin.

This shouldn't be effecting me like this, but it still did and I have no clue how to stop it.

"Mai, are you alright? You are having trouble concentrating, is something wrong?" Felix said after telling me about the subject. Felix isn't one of the smartest so it was quite weird seeing that he was teaching me instead of the other way around. "Normally you are teaching me and not the other way around."

"Yeah, just a little tired. Let's keep working." I said, trying to get rid of my thoughts.

We had been working in silence for an hour or two when all of a sudden the bell rang and Felix went downstairs to look who came.

He came back upstairs with another person next to him. Hyunjin. But the moment Hyunjin saw me he whispered something in Felix's ear. I couldn't understand them so I just tried to mind my own business until both of them came in.

Felix seated himself next to me again while Hyunjin went to sit in front of the desk with his back to us.

"How are you going to fix science?" Felix said to Hyunjin.

"I'll figure it out in some way." He said still not looking at us.

"Why, whats wrong?" I managed to say but no sound from Hyunjin as expected. Maybe he just didn't hear me.

"He doesn't quite understand science and he is scared he might not pass." Felix said.

"I can help. I like science and it's one of my best subjects. What do you think, Hyunjin?" I said, waiting for his answer.

"Sounds good." Hyunjin said to my surprise.

"Really?" I said in shock.

"Yeah, the library if that's good for you. Next weekend and the weekend after that." Hyunjin said still not turning around.

"Sure. Every weekend till exams it is." I said. "If y'all can excuse me, Imma use the bathroom real quick."

"Sure." Felix said before I left to go to the bathroom.

When I came back I stopped in front of the door, listening to Hyunjin and Felix after I heard my name.

"You shouldn't be too hard on Mai. She is sensitive." Felix said.

"You don't understand Felix. I have no other choice." Hyunjin said.

"What if she starts blaming herself again for something she didn't even do. You know she is an overthinking type. I know this is extreme to say but she did try suicide you shouldn't be too harsh on her. Words can hurt but ignoring can stab her like a knife. You never know what thoughts run through her head" Felix said.