22| Mistletoe

(Saturday December 15)

Hyunjin's POV

I am so screwed. I had only two days left to study for science and I still had no clue on what I was studying. Nothing would get inside my head and half of the lecture I need to study, I don't understand.

It would have been easier if someone helped me but obviously Mai didn't show up last week and now I was trying to understand all of it alone. I don't blame her though. I wouldn't have shown up either if I was in her place.

So now I am in big trouble. Two days. Only two days to understand and learn all of this.

I wouldn't have minded that much if the teachers didn't give me a warning last year for this subject, which meant that if I fail my science exams, I can't pass the class and I won't go to college and I would be older then everyone in my year. Again.

I desperately needed Mai right now.

"Let's get this over with. I'm only helping because you suck at science."

Wide eyed I stared at Mai who was placing herself next to me in the library. I did not expect her here, now, helping me.

"Mai..." I started but I couldn't even finish my sentence before she broke me off.

"Don't." She said while closing her eyes and holding her hand lightly in front of her. "The only reason I'm here is because I promised to help you with science, no more. I don't need no apology or dramatic words. I'm going to teach you science and then I'm leaving."

"Right." Was the only thing that got out of my mouth.

So that's what we did. Studying, teaching, reading and everything except talk about what happened.

"So basically what is happening here is that this atom is going to emit electrons to an atom that needs the amount of electrons that the one is emitting. So what it does is..."  Mai said, but I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't concentrate since the beginning.

I stood up and closed the books and putted them in my bag.

"What are you doing?" Mai said.

"I can't do this, okey. You can't just act as if nothing happened and teach me this fucking science. You have no clue how hard it was for me to see you just walk past me without giving me one damn glance. And look at us now, you're teaching me science while we are mad at each other. Does this make sense to you?" I said while putting the last things in my bag.

"No it doesn't Hyunjin. And who's fault is that? Aren't you the one that ignored me all of a sudden. Do you really think I couldn't feel that you were avoiding me? Don't come to me with all that please. You are the one who started all of this ignoring and now you are blaming me that I ignored you even though I have the right." Mai said, and I have to admit I have never seen her this furious before.

"Excuse me, it is still a library here, so if it is possible we would like you to talk this out outside the building or keep it down a little bit. Thank you." It was the librarian who came from the counter to us, hearing that we were being a bit loud.

"We were just leaving, sorry. My work here is done already." She said while smiling at the librarian. She then turned back to me. "Figure this on your own. Science is up to you now."

She took her own bag and started walking to the exit. I took my bag and ran after her. When we left the building I took her arm and made her face me.

"We can't just ignore all of this. We have to talk this out." I said to her.

"Okey, you start. Why did you ignore me and did you try to avoid me?" She said while raising an eyebrow.