10| Hospital

Mai's POV

"Get dressed we're going to the hospital." Hyunjin said as he ran to his room.

I couldn't leave the kitchen looking like this so I decided to clean the a little before he would come.

I cleaned the table as fast as I could leaving the dishes knowing there was no time for that now and I ran to the room to get dressed myself.

Every time he went out and decided to take me with him there would be the dilemma of what I had to wear. In the end he just gave me an amount of money to buy the necessary. Of course I kept it as cheap as possible and bought only what I really needed.

A fun fact is that ever since I lived here he would always give me a hoodie of his. I didn't ask for it nor did I question it when he gave me one. It was just something he did. Twice a week there would be a new hoodie of his on the bed and I just wore them because in the end those were more comfortable to wear then the shirts I bought.

I went to the bathroom and got dressed really quickly into one of the two only jeans's I had at the moment and the sweater Hyunjin gave me. It fitted quite nicely, it was big but it was nice and warm.

I took a quick glance at myself and saw a few bruises on my face still left from two weeks ago. They were barely noticeable to the people around me but to me they were still very noticeable.

I shook it off not wanting to ruin this day by my own thoughts so I came out of the bathroom to see Hyunjin coming in the corridor almost running. He just made me nervous because I wasn't being fast enough.

I didn't even know why we were going to the hospital but it didn't really sound amusing to me so I just wanted to be as quick as possible.

"Let's go." He said as he was putting on his shoes. I ran to the room to take my shoes and I quickly put them on and ran outside as he was waiting for me.

We were now running to his car and got in. He started to drive as we sat there in silence.

"Uhm- is your mom okey?" I asked him breaking the silence, but there came no answer out of him. He was too fixed on the road so he probably didn't hear me.

"Is your mom okey?" I asked him again but in a louder voice. He turned at what I said and looked confused, but his expression changed when he noticed what I said.

"I hope she is okey. But they said it wasn't all too bad." He said fixing his gaze back on the road. I didn't dare ask him more because it already looked like it was a subject he didn't like talking about.

This reminded me at the time my mom was in the hospital, before she passed away. Me and Jason in the car as we drove fast to the hospital getting the news that my mom wasn't good at all. She had been taken to surgery but didn't make it. This was all before Jason turned into a alcoholic maniac. When we got the news that the surgery didn't go well I cried my eyes out. The day of the funeral I almost fainted and I would feel emotionally unstable for the next few months. I couldn't help but feel depressed and looking at how Jason treated me didn't make me feel any better.

My heart still aches when I think about it, she acted like she was strong but she looked weak. I remember that she would even take care of me when she was in hospital, making people buy me small gifts so that I wouldn't feel sad. But none of it would work. I would often fall asleep next to her when I visited her. We would talk for hours about everything. About the guy I thought was actually cute and when there was a school fight I would tell her everything. She was my hero.