27| Not Sure

Side note: there is going to be a part where Hyunjin dances, you can look at the video up here(start at 0:11) but it isn't necessary. You can only see it if you have internet. Enjoy this chapter💫

(Saturday January 5)

Mai's POV

It had been so long since I danced that the nervousness flew through my body when I started dancing but as I danced further I just forgot everything that was around me.

Dancing was my passion and I could feel the comfortable feeling of the movements on the beat of the song. I hadn't felt this in quite some time and I missed it so much.

As I did the last pose of my dance and the song ended I turned around an looked at Hyunjin with an insecure look, breathing heavily after the dance. "And... was it good?"

"Good? Are you kidding me?" He looked at me in amazement. "That was just mesmerising. That was literally one of the beautifulest things I have ever seen and I am not just saying this for no reason, you really are amazing."

Instead of saying something I turned back around in embarrassment trying to hide my, probably, red face. I managed to mutter a small 'thank you' to him.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, I am saying this with whole honesty." He said. "It's not everyday I see such talent."

"Thank you." I said shyly, turning back around, facing him. "What about you though, I have to see those excellent dance moves that you describe all the time. Come on it's your turn."

"You sure you can take the perfection of my dance moves?" He said while linking his phone to the boxes as he chuckled at his own words. He opened the song Humble by Kendrick Lamar, but instead of the normal version it was a remix version.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, I have seen many dancers so you'll have to step up your game if you want to impress me." I said lifting my chin up.

"I'll show my best side to you princess." He winked at me and let out a laugh, but before I could say anything, there was beat drop and he just started dancing.

His moves were very strong and I could feel the passion in them. The way his expression changed all of a sudden when he started dancing made my heart beat a little faster. Just looking at him while he danced with so much energy made my eyes lock on his body.

He didn't miss a beat. He kept his gaze on the mirror fixated on his own dancing. He looked so concentrated that it looked as if he was angry, but it was just his usual self.

I didn't even realise his dancing ended and I was still staring, but him calling my name snapped my out of the dreaming zone. "Mai, hellow. Definitely caught your attention right?"

"Pfft, not even a bit. I expected more from you." I said obviously lying, but I think he got the joke but he was just playing along.

"Oh is that so. So you were not checking me out for the past minute while I was dancing and after?" He said bending over a bit so his face was at the same hight as mine.

"I was just trying to see the mistakes that you made. That turn you did could have been more precise." I lied, his turn was pretty amazing. "And what was that last dance move. What are you? A gorilla?"