12| Change

Mai's POV

"Mine sadly wasn't." I don't know why I was telling him all of this. But I just needed to get this out of my chest. Months of keeping this to myself, months till years of crying silently while everyone thought I was okey. It felt good to finally talk about it.

I could feel the knot building up in my throat as tears filled my eyes. I looked away from Hyunjin as I tried to hold back tears, blinking them away.

"It's probably not what your mother wanted. No one ever wants to die, its just a feeling that wants to endure the pain that is going on inside of them." Hyunjin said reassuring me. He was now turning his head to me but I didn't look back at him, scared that the tears would leave my eyes. "You can cry, I'm not going to judge or laugh at you."

I just took deep breaths, stabilising myself.

"No no I'm okey, I don't really like crying. It gives me headaches, and I feel tired afterwards. I think crying isn't a big of a help for me. I don't get how people find it relieving. Even though I cry a lot, I don't like it." I said trying to laugh at the last part, cause I never liked crying nor did I find it relieving but yet I always did.

"As the tears fall, so do your problems." He said, I made a face trying to tell him that it was not like that to me. "Well I don't know. I never cry." Hyunjin said looking kinda awkward.

"You never cry? I don't believe it. Everyone cries."

"Really, I don't. Let me say it differently, I have never been in a situation that would make me cry." He said looking at me.

"Never?"

"Let's say a long, long time when I wasn't even in high school."

As usual, silence took over. I didn't know what to say next and neither did he, I guessed, looking at the fact that he wasn't saying anything.

The silence was interrupted by the ringing of Hyunjin's phone. He took it out of his pocket and picked up right away.

"Hello, Felix. What's up?"

(...)

"Yeah, she's with me and she's alright."

(...)

"Oh, at the moment we are not at my house. We are at the hospital, visiting my mom."

(...)

"Sorry bro."

(...)

"Chan? Really? What is he doing here, he's supposed to be in Australia, studying."

(...)

"So he is with you but he has no place to sleep so you bring him to my house without any warning hoping to make him stay at my house? Doesn't he have parents? Yes he does, so why doesn't he go there?"

(...)

"Dude you are crazy. My house is too small. It can't fit 3 people."

(...)

"I swear Felix if you were here right now I would have kicked your face."