Thirteen

Afternoon crept up faster than we realized. Before I knew it we were walking outside to a car. The plan was to go play mini-golf then get food and maybe a movie. This was our first date, also our first double date.
"You nervous?" Bran leaned in and whispered.
"No." I shook my head. "Why would I be?"
"It's our first date." He chuckled with a shrug.
"And we have already slept together. What is there to be nervous about?"
"Good point." He laughed.
We pulled out front of an arcade which had glow in the dark mini-golf. Also laser tag. Even has a food court. So I think I'll be ok hanging here all night for our date.
"What's First Ladies?" Mark asked motioning into the arcade.
"Let's do golf first." Lisa nodded then looked at me looking for confirmation.
"I'm ok with that." I smiled nodding. "Oh wait!" I stopped looking at a sign that says 'glow in the dark paint for $2' "we have to buy some!" I shrieked running to the counter.
"Wait up!" Lisa yelled running behind me.
"Pink for me," I told the cashier.
"I want blue." Lisa smiled.
"I guess I'll get green." Bran sighed putting an arm around my waist. "You owe me." He whispered.
"Red here," Mark said laughing.
"That'll be $8 and your phone number." The girl cashier looked at bran smiling twirling her hair around her fingers.
"Uh, excuse me skank," Lisa yelled. "He's here with his girlfriend in case your dumbass didn't notice."
"All guys cheat." The girl rolled her eyes. "But whatever."
Bran threw a ten-dollar bill on the counter and growled: "keep the change."
He wrapped his arm back around my waist and pulled me beside him.
Before entering the course we all painted each other with paint we bought and picked up some putters and balls.
"You two can go first." Bran offered Mark.
"You got it, boss." Mark nodded. "Babe, your up."
While Lisa and mark moved up, bran and I hung back. "Something on your mind?" I cocked my head examining brans face.
"No. Just wanted some alone time with you." He smiled pulling me into a kiss.
"Um excuse me...are two playing?" A girl asked pointing at the golf hole.
"Go ahead." Bran waved. "I think we are done."
"You're cute." The girl muttered.
"I'm also taken." Bran raised his brow at the girl.
"It was just an observation." The girl frowned.
"Thanks but no thanks." Bran shrugged. "Come on babe. Let's get some food."
Sitting at a table the same cashier was checking out bran. He was getting annoyed with her. He had a gun with him but I kept my hand on him so he didn't make a scene. Mark and Lisa joined us finally and we ordered some food.
"Calm down," I whispered.
He sighed and nodded his head. "I need a cigarette. Mark, come with me."
The two boys got up and walked outside away from the crowd, leaving me and Lisa inside waiting for the food.
"Is he ok?" Lisa asked concerned.
"That chic is annoying him." I shrugged.
"We can handle it." Lisa chuckled. "She will think twice."
The cashier walked over to the table and sat in brans seat. "So which one of you is dating the cutie?" She asked.
"That'd be me." I raised a finger. "What do you want?"
"Just alone time with him." She shrugged. "To see if he's big enough to help me out." She winked.
I jumped from my chair grabbing the girl by the hair and pulled her outside away from kids. I threw her on the ground and jumped on top of her punching her over and over again in the face. I blacked out and couldn't stop until hands tore me away from her.
"Calm down." Bran held onto me.
I took several deep breaths and managed to calm myself. The girl was laying on the ground with her eyes closed. Mark was examining the girl and took a breath of relief. "She's still alive, just knocked out. She may have a concussion."
Lisa took out her phone and dialed 911 then we took off.

Back at the motel in the penthouse, Marla was still sitting on the sofa like she lived here. "What happened to you?"
"Fuck off, Marla!" I growled.
"Bran I need to talk to you." She nodded pointing to bran.
"Can it wait?" He shook his head.
"No." She barked. "Because I'm pregnant with your child and we need to be together to raise it!"
"I don't believe you." Bran chuckled.
"Here." She took out a test and handed it to bran.
I scoffed and walked away upstairs grabbing my shit throwing it into my bag. I'm not competing anymore, I'm not even playing. Bran was right, I could kill someone if I wanted to just by beating them. And I'm going to another room before I kill her.
"Where are you going?" Bran asked walking into the room.
"Downstairs to another room." I shrugged. "You can move your baby mama in here."
"Laura, don't do this." Bran sighed sitting on the edge of the bed. "Please don't."
"I'm done, Bran," I muttered grabbing my bag and walking away.

Sunny came with me to my new room with her a bag. She said she'd stay with me so I wouldn't be alone. She was a good friend. Probably better than Chelsea ever was. But I miss chels. I just can't go back to that life and I can't go forward anymore. I felt broken, hurt, betrayed. How do you move forward? I just needed time, time away from up there, time away from the guy I fell in love with, time away before I killed Marla.
Sunny unpacker her bag than mine. She didn't say anything. She was good for that, she understood I didn't want to talk much, or at all. I loved her for that. It'll be hard getting to sleep without bran, but I'll manage. I just need space.