Fourteen

Today was the day I go talk to my mom about her choice to join us or die. I hope she chooses us, I hate to admit it but I really needed her. I crawled out of bed slowly and threw on a clean pair of clothes and walked to the elevator to go down.
Bran was sprawled out on the couch passed out with a blanket thrown over him. Part of me wanted to jump on top of him and kiss him, but. I still needed time. Marla saying she was pregnant was a slap to the face.
"Morning." Lisa whispered frowning. "I heard what happened. We need to talk."
I nodded my head "ok."
She grabbed my hand and pulled me to a corner away from the other gang members. "I'm pregnant. Bran showed me the test Marla give him. It was mine not hers." She let out a sigh. "It was in my room, she must've taken it while we were gone. We were wanting it to be a surprise."
"So I owe him an enormous apology." I frowned looking over at bran. "I just- I don't know if I can right now."
"Take your time." She half smiled. "He cares about you."
"I have to go." I whispered. "I have to see my mother."
I walked away before Lisa could say anything else and before bran woke up. I felt kind of bad about leaving him like that, but what was I suppose to do? Marla has been trying forever to get him back and she found a way, regardless if she was lying. I just wish bran would tell her to leave or have someone kill her. While she's here, there can be no us... she just won't allow it.
After wandering the confusing halls, I finally managed to find my way down to the dungeon looking basement. I entered my moms cell and sat in the empty chair in front of her.
"Oh, my darling girl." My mother sobbed. "You've come for a decision."
"Yes." I nodded. "I hate to admit this, but I need my mother."
"Not as much as I need my daughter." My Mom cried. "I'll join your gang... but for you only."
I knelt down and touched her cheek. "Thank you. But Ben still has to die."
"I understand sweetheart." My Mom frowned. "Are you the one to kill him?"
I nodded. "Yes."
"Then make it hurt." She whispered.

I sat with my mom for a few hours going over a couple things before I let her go. She seemed ok with it.
Bran came in with the keys to unlock her. "Can we talk?"
"Not right now." I shook my head walking my mom into the hotel lobby. "Just sit here for a bit." I sat her down on the sofa.
"Is he your boyfriend?" My Mom raised her brow.
"That's bran. The leader, and its complicated." I shrugged.
"Wait... that's Bran? As in Brandon Mason?" My moms mouth fell open.
"That's his actual name!? Where have I heard that before?" I asked scratching my head.
"You went to school with him. Pre-K." My Mom nodded. "Before you were taken from me and moved to a different school. Also the snakes know him well."
"I don't remember a Brandon Mason." I let out a frustrated sigh. "What about her?" I asked pointing to Marla.
"Marla Cox. Annoying manipulative little thing. Her parents use to think their shit don't stink." My Mom snickered. "I'm assuming she's the same way?"
"You have no idea." I frowned. "She told bran she was pregnant yesterday. I packed my shit and moved down a floor. I'm tired of competing with her, it's exhausting. And bran just can't seem to make her leave."
"There's only one way to take down a cox." My Mom smirked. "Is she pregnant?"
"No. Turns out she stole my friend Lisa's test and passed it as hers."
"Interesting. Let's out her." My Mom rubbed her hands together standing up and climbing onto the table. "Excuse me!" She yelled. "I'm Kara, Laura's mother. Also your new member. I have an announcement, Lisa dear would you be so kind to join me? Also you ms. Cox! Bran, front and center."
The three walked toward my mother looking at each other confused. "What's this about?" Bran asked.
"Oh, my dear sweet boy." My Mom chuckled. "This is about this manipulative girl here." She pointed to Marla. "I knew your parents well. By the way, their looking for you. I also had a talk with my daughter, Lisa are you pregnant dear?"
Lisa nodded her head. "Yes."
"And Marla, the test you have to bran... was it Lisa's?"
"N-no, it was mine." Marla shook her head.
"No, it wasn't yours." Lisa argued. "Mine was gone when we got back. You went into my room and took it!"
"Here dear, go test. I'll go with you to make sure you do." My Mom snickered handing Marla an unused test. "We are gonna solve this conflict today. And you bran need to put on your big boy underwear and grow a spine. You're lacking."
My mom grabbed Marla and pulled her to the bathroom. My mom seemed aware of a lot that I wasn't. Maybe it'd be good to have her around after all.

We sat in silence and waited for Marla and my mother to emerge from the bathroom. When they finally did my mom handed bran the test.
"Negative?" He asked confused.
"She's not pregnant. Like I said to my daughter she's manipulative and arrogant like her parents. Grow a spine bran." My Mom nodded. "Let's go Laura." My Mom grabbed my hand.
I took her up to mine and sunnys room. Sunny was out doing something today for bran, she didn't say what.
"You can have the pull out bed, or my bed and I'll take the sofa." I offered.
"No, it's fine dear. I'll take the sofa." My Mom sighed. "I know I wasn't the best mom, but I really want to try. If you'll allow me."
"We are 13 years too late on that." I frowned. "Maybe we can start as friends."
"I'm ok with that." My mom smiled. "I look forward to getting to know my daughter."
This may take a while for me to actually trust her, but it may be worth it. Hopefully bran does something about Marla, before I do!